Groups

XBOX 360 External Hard Drive Help Required

Hi all I am currently looking into getting an external hard drive for the xbox and wondered what the best overall drive is for these features.Size between 500gb-750gb to be used mainly for wmv movies and if possible after the 17th Nov update backing up games to hd although the latter I am not sure if it will be possible.
    All replys appreciated
    1.Reliability
    2..Plug and Play
    3.Speed
    4.Powerswitch on/off

4 Comments

you won't be able to back game sup to an external hdd and it also needs to be formatted to HFS+ file system for the xbox to recognise it.

I used mac drive to do this with mine

Any FAT variant or HFS+ with the latter being able to store files larger than 4gb apparently (never tried it myself).

If you buy a 3.5" drive then it will require its own power adapter more than likely.

I wanna do exactly the same.
    Am waitingof for XBOX to return my console, so hopefully you will get a load of info on this.
    Can you back up your films that you currently have on DVD onto your external drive and then watch on the XBOX -if so what format do the films need to be in MP3, AVI etc..

360 plays avi if you download the codecs from xbox live
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What would be HELL to you?2635
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2241
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346

See more discussions