Groups

Xbox 360 Firmware Help

What Firmware do i need for a 360 console to play all waves without putting in active.iso disc before hand?

10 Comments

1.61 or LT if you have a LiteOn drive

Original Poster

oldmanhouse;7938089

1.61 or LT if you have a LiteOn drive

Thought 1.61 wont play wave 5?
    Also could i revert back to older firmware as wont be playing online?

1.51 on my console, plays everything fine.

Not sure about Wave 5s with 1.61 - I skipped over it and went straight from 1.6 to LT..

As for reverting to an older firmware, I don't see why not. You can flash with 1.5 or something older if you want - I think people did that for a while, flashing back to 1.4 as I think it will boot any games, regardless of wave? Could be wrong about that so will wait for some confirmation from someone more knowledgeable..

Original Poster

oldmanhouse;7938155

Not sure about Wave 5s with 1.61 - I skipped over it and went straight … Not sure about Wave 5s with 1.61 - I skipped over it and went straight from 1.6 to LT..As for reverting to an older firmware, I don't see why not. You can flash with 1.5 or something older if you want - I think people did that for a while, flashing back to 1.4 as I think it will boot any games, regardless of wave? Could be wrong about that so will wait for some confirmation from someone more knowledgeable..

Thanks for that and rep left:thumbsup:

if your not planning to play online give me a pm will give you a link to non-stealth fw

Original Poster

Babbabooey;7938144

1.51 on my console, plays everything fine.

Does it play wave 5?

Original Poster

djnaff;7938182

if your not planning to play online give me a pm will give you a link to … if your not planning to play online give me a pm will give you a link to non-stealth fw

Thanks, Not looking to flash myself looking to buy one already flashed.
    Thats why i want to see what firmware i need:thumbsup:

1.51 will only play all waves if you have a Hitachi drive.if you ahve a liteon pretty much all consoles released in last year prob even year and a half wil be liteon then get LT that will play all waves and future waves.

If you have another drive your best bet is to get a non stealth firmware e.g less than 1.4..

Also if you plan on going on live with said console then your supposedly only safe with LT at present(Liteons only at mo) make sure your backups (the actual disk) have split vid enabled, ssv2 enabled and pass all other abgx checks.

Original Poster

Thanks for all help:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      2. word association Game74044544
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468
      4. Spotify Family Premium share721

See more discussions