Found 11th May 2009
Does anyone flash xbox 360's in lincoln?

32 Comments

do it yourself its easy ... seriously though it is very easy, do you know what drive you have in the 360? this will determine price and also help to determine the difficulty. I know a few people that do it in Lincoln but to be honest i would do it myself, as there are no guarantees someone wont mess it up. Also if you do it yourself you will gain a deeper knowledge of how its done and how it works, this way you can upgrade the CFW when a new version is released. Saying that i believe iextreme 1.6 is out soon so you should take this into account too!

I'll hapilly help point you in the right direction, but i know i wouldnt take the responsibility of taking someone else console apart... ive done three, a samsung, a hitachi and now a BenQ so i am fairly confident with what i am doing, however i know XboxGuru is much better than I am lol

djstrobe4real;5182830

Saying that i believe iextreme 1.6 is out soon so you should take this … Saying that i believe iextreme 1.6 is out soon so you should take this into account too!

He makes a good point. Don't get it flashed until after ixtreme 1.6 is out or you'll just have to go back to get it done again when the upgrade comes out (if you're going to be playing backups of the latest games).

There's a few people on here that'd do it for you if you send it to them or just DIY! It's not really that hard if you've got all the kit and have read up on the guides so you've got a good idea of what you're doing.

Original Poster

awesome,well what kit would i need? and where are the guides? is the kit expensive?

i did consider doing it myself however thought it would be to hard..

lastlaststar;5183180

awesome,well what kit would i need? and where are the guides? is the kit … awesome,well what kit would i need? and where are the guides? is the kit expensive?i did consider doing it myself however thought it would be to hard..

hi, you just need a PC running xp (32 bit) and a few applications, the only hardware you will require is a sata chipset that is compatible, google it there are loads of guides... check out jungleflasher.net/ this has all the help and even has a tutorial detailing the whole process...

Done some of the legwork for you... jungleflasher.net/fil…pdf this is the direct link to the tutorial, as i said the first thing you need to do is find out what drive your 360 has....

sorry to thread hijack but my xobox is currently on 1.4, what are the benefits of going onto 1.5?

1.51 has support for the 3rd wave games.... basically any games that require the NXE to be present on the disk... Hawx etc

Edit: 1.6 (when its released) will have support for reading xbox games in the drive so you can backup games using your 360 instead of either downloading dodgies off the usual sites or using a Kreon drive

djstrobe4real;5183291

1.51 has support for the 3rd wave games.... basically any games that … 1.51 has support for the 3rd wave games.... basically any games that require the NXE to be present on the disk... Hawx etc

ah i see, so is that on all new games?

all new games will be wave 3 soon yes

djnaff;5183325

all new games will be wave 3 soon yes

ok cheers, looks like i might have to get mine done again soon .

Original Poster

djstrobe4real;5183240

hi, you just need a PC running xp (32 bit) and a few applications, the … hi, you just need a PC running xp (32 bit) and a few applications, the only hardware you will require is a sata chipset that is compatible, google it there are loads of guides... check out http://jungleflasher.net/ this has all the help and even has a tutorial detailing the whole process...Done some of the legwork for you... http://jungleflasher.net/files/JungleFlasher.pdf this is the direct link to the tutorial, as i said the first thing you need to do is find out what drive your 360 has....

Aww ******, can it not be done on vista? i only have vista

i only had vista too, but i suffered from freezing and all kind of problems, jungle flasher only supports XP i know it can work in vista and many people have had it working, but jungle flasher will only help you if your using XP. Can you not dual boot xp, thats what i had to do in the end...

Original Poster

djstrobe4real;5183472

i only had vista too, but i suffered from freezing and all kind of … i only had vista too, but i suffered from freezing and all kind of problems, jungle flasher only supports XP i know it can work in vista and many people have had it working, but jungle flasher will only help you if your using XP. Can you not dual boot xp, thats what i had to do in the end...

hmm i dont know, i have never done it before, :?

iv checked the drive and it looks to be a benq

Original Poster

only have a laptop aswell, will that have a sata?

hmmm sorry to say you wont be able to do it with a laptop has to be a desktop as you need a spare sata port with the right chipset

Where abouts in lincoln are you?

Original Poster

djstrobe4real;5184038

hmmm sorry to say you wont be able to do it with a laptop has to be a … hmmm sorry to say you wont be able to do it with a laptop has to be a desktop as you need a spare sata port with the right chipsetWhere abouts in lincoln are you?

West end, apparently there is some bloke in the market hall in town that flashed 360's for £40 ?

okay well i wasnt aware of anyone in lincoln that does them properly, 40 squid sounds very expensive to do something others can do for free... I would do it for you but my computer doesnt display through my tv atm... stupid thing... last time i did mine i had to borrow a mates 32" TV lol

Original Poster

djstrobe4real;5184350

okay well i wasnt aware of anyone in lincoln that does them properly, 40 … okay well i wasnt aware of anyone in lincoln that does them properly, 40 squid sounds very expensive to do something others can do for free... I would do it for you but my computer doesnt display through my tv atm... stupid thing... last time i did mine i had to borrow a mates 32" TV lol

Where about's are you located in Lincoln?

This guy has a xbox 360 stall in the market place, it says on the sign flashing, mods, etc, he had loads of consoles, said it was £40 if you took him your console or £20 if you bought a console from him first..

lol im near west end, im at uni halls lol... yeah that doesnt surprise me at all that market traders are doing flashing... theres money to be made, but to be honest all it costs rele to flash it is like 8 quid for the sata card then its all free applications... are you aware of the risks of flashing consoles with regards to warranty and also xbox live?

Original Poster

djstrobe4real;5184470

lol im near west end, im at uni halls lol... yeah that doesnt surprise me … lol im near west end, im at uni halls lol... yeah that doesnt surprise me at all that market traders are doing flashing... theres money to be made, but to be honest all it costs rele to flash it is like 8 quid for the sata card then its all free applications... are you aware of the risks of flashing consoles with regards to warranty and also xbox live?

Haha no way, i was in the halls last year... what court? yer im aware of all the risks, had a flashed console last year but got rid of it, now i regret the hell out of it.

I was under the impression a connectivity kit was an essential piece of kit for flashing the drives firmware?

Something like the Xecuter CK3? That's what i've got - the Xectuter CK3 Pro and the Xecuter Probe

thats only needed for lite on drives... Benqs dont need them... connectivity kits just mean the drive is powered independently from the 360s power brick... not essential for Benqs

Original Poster

djstrobe4real;5184762

thats only needed for lite on drives... Benqs dont need them... … thats only needed for lite on drives... Benqs dont need them... connectivity kits just mean the drive is powered independently from the 360s power brick... not essential for Benqs

So do you know anyone in Lincoln that is good and would do it?

any ideas can it b flashed to get rid of banned xboxes?

zerowing;5206926

any ideas can it b flashed to get rid of banned xboxes?

Nah it'll still be banned :x

Did you get it sorted in the end OP?

been banned 3 time,
lost the faith in xboxes now.. stick to ps3... legit!

Original Poster

teambintip;5206965

Nah it'll still be banned :xDid you get it sorted in the end OP?

Yes i did get it sorted thanks, went to the man on the market, was £40 and done in a hour, works perfect! Well worth it :thumbsup:

Although now the new firmware 1.6 is apparently coming out today/tomorrow.

Original Poster

zerowing;5207153

been banned 3 time, lost the faith in xboxes now.. stick to ps3... legit!

Apparently you have to have the mac address or something re configured, which is expensive and time consuming. But don't quote me on it

lastlaststar;5210595

Yes i did get it sorted thanks, went to the man on the market, was £40 … Yes i did get it sorted thanks, went to the man on the market, was £40 and done in a hour, works perfect! Well worth it :thumbsup:Although now the new firmware 1.6 is apparently coming out today/tomorrow.

The thought of giving someone £40 for doing something that takes 10 minutes to do yourself is mental

He gave you your original firmware and drive key on a disk yes?

Hi, sorry to resurrect the thread, but I'm also looking for someone to flash my Xbox.

Could anyone point me in the right direction, or is it really that easy to do it yourself?

Their Flashed in Lincoln by this guy...

http://sheikyermami.com/wp-content/uploads/flasher-son.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Misco about to go into administration22
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247564
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322806
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427414631

See more discussions