Xbox 360 games?

Posted 23rd Mar
I have an old Xbox 360 as I tried to purchase a PS4 today but can’t anymore because of the lockdown. How can I download games, and are there any codes available for free games or membership, I’m not really sure how Xbox works:|
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

24 Comments
With Xbox live gold you get 3 free games every month, usually quite good ones too!
negativec23/03/2020 22:43

With Xbox live gold you get 3 free games every month, usually quite good …With Xbox live gold you get 3 free games every month, usually quite good ones too!

Really! How do I get this though? I’m such a newbie to xbox(lol) Sorry!! I’m learning how to pass time
Oh your on the 360! Sorry I’m not to sure about the 360 actually, You could try buying a subscription to Xbox live somewhere on the dashboard and go to the games store and see if there are free games or games to buy (download)
negativec23/03/2020 22:47

Oh your on the 360! Sorry I’m not to sure about the 360 actually, You c …Oh your on the 360! Sorry I’m not to sure about the 360 actually, You could try buying a subscription to Xbox live somewhere on the dashboard and go to the games store and see if there are free games or games to buy (download)

Yess I know it’s soo old! it’s come out of the attic as I broke my PS4(flirt) thank so much for your help anyway !
negativec23/03/2020 22:47

Oh your on the 360! Sorry I’m not to sure about the 360 actually, You c …Oh your on the 360! Sorry I’m not to sure about the 360 actually, You could try buying a subscription to Xbox live somewhere on the dashboard and go to the games store and see if there are free games or games to buy (download)

There is still Xbox 360 games included in the gold offer but not as many as Xbox one
hotukdeals.com/dis…946

Some of these are still available from the Marketplace. Free to download WITHOUT a sub. They aren't great but free is free eh?
Arto23/03/2020 22:54

There is still Xbox 360 games included in the gold offer but not as many …There is still Xbox 360 games included in the gold offer but not as many as Xbox one

There are two 'free' Xbox 360 games and two for Xbox One every month. The Xbox 360 games are yours to keep permanently, even after your Gold subscription expires.
Illusionary23/03/2020 22:56

There are two 'free' Xbox 360 games and two for Xbox One every month. The …There are two 'free' Xbox 360 games and two for Xbox One every month. The Xbox 360 games are yours to keep permanently, even after your Gold subscription expires.

I’m struggling to get this ‘gold membership’ sorry for being such a pain but how do I get this?(embarrassed)
Safiyaaaaxo23/03/2020 22:51

Yess I know it’s soo old! it’s come out of the attic as I broke my PS …Yess I know it’s soo old! it’s come out of the attic as I broke my PS4(flirt) thank so much for your help anyway !

You can purchase Xbox 360 games for download using a credit card directly on the marketplace accessible from the console. Alternatively, you can purchase store credit from a third party retailer, redeem that to your Xbox account and make purchases out of that credit balance.
Safiyaaaaxo23/03/2020 22:58

I’m struggling to get this ‘gold membership’ sorry for being such a pain bu …I’m struggling to get this ‘gold membership’ sorry for being such a pain but how do I get this?(embarrassed)

What are you after? A short sub or a 12 month one? You know you don't specifically need one to play games, yes? It's more for playing online with other "friends" and/or getting the free games each month.
Phsycronix23/03/2020 23:00

What are you after? A short sub or a 12 month one? You know you don't …What are you after? A short sub or a 12 month one? You know you don't specifically need one to play games, yes? It's more for playing online with other "friends" and/or getting the free games each month.

Ahh I have no friends to play with,(embarrassed) I just have the console but no games and can’t get any games from the shops because all the electronic shops are closed.
Safiyaaaaxo23/03/2020 22:58

I’m struggling to get this ‘gold membership’ sorry for being such a pain bu …I’m struggling to get this ‘gold membership’ sorry for being such a pain but how do I get this?(embarrassed)

shopto.net/en/…75/

Xbox Live Gold is primarily designed to give access to online multiplayer, but includes monthly 'free' Games With Gold as an extra benefit. More details here: xbox.com/en-…old
Safiyaaaaxo23/03/2020 23:02

Ahh I have no friends to play with,(embarrassed) I just have …Ahh I have no friends to play with,(embarrassed) I just have the console but no games and can’t get any games from the shops because all the electronic shops are closed.

Yeah, it's a nuisance but obviously a necessary one. As @Illusionary says, you don't need Gold to buy games. You can buy and play them without a subscription. I haven't done it for many, many years but I think you can even add Paypal as a payment source. Perhaps someone else can confirm?
Ahh I seeee, so I think I shouldn’t waste my money on a subscription because I won’t be playing online, the only reason I was going to get it was to get some games.
Safiyaaaaxo23/03/2020 23:05

Ahh I seeee, so I think I shouldn’t waste my money on a subscription b …Ahh I seeee, so I think I shouldn’t waste my money on a subscription because I won’t be playing online, the only reason I was going to get it was to get some games.

That's right. No sub needed unless you plan on playing online. In fact, there are some games where you can still join in and play online against others without Gold. "Destiny" is one I can think of...
Phsycronix23/03/2020 23:09

That's right. No sub needed unless you plan on playing online. In fact, …That's right. No sub needed unless you plan on playing online. In fact, there are some games where you can still join in and play online against others without Gold. "Destiny" is one I can think of...

Okay, thanks so much for your help! The question is now, how do I get the games? sorry for being so annoying omg
If someone purchased a game, would I be able to use that to play on my console👀or is this too cheeky
Edited by: "Safiyaaaaxo" 23rd Mar
Safiyaaaaxo23/03/2020 23:10

Okay, thanks so much for your help! The question is now, how do I get the …Okay, thanks so much for your help! The question is now, how do I get the games? sorry for being so annoying omg

See my earlier post:

You can purchase Xbox 360 games for download using a credit card directly on the marketplace accessible from the console. Alternatively, you can purchase store credit from a third party retailer, redeem that to your Xbox account and make purchases out of that credit balance.

Alternatively, consider an Xbox Game Pass subscription if you're not fussed about keeping the games permanently: xbox.com/en-…ass
Safiyaaaaxo23/03/2020 23:12

If someone purchased a game, would I be able to use that to play on my …If someone purchased a game, would I be able to use that to play on my console👀

A physical game? Yes, of course.
Safiyaaaaxo23/03/2020 23:10

Okay, thanks so much for your help! The question is now, how do I get the …Okay, thanks so much for your help! The question is now, how do I get the games? sorry for being so annoying omg

Don't be daft - we don't all know everything. Ask anything you want and we will try to help if we can.

With Xbox, you can buy stuff from the Marketplace but you have to give Microsoft a "Payment method" - i.e. register a card or other payment type. You can do this through your account which you will set up when you create your profile.

Alternatively, as previously mentioned and sometimes preferable to giving MS card details, you can purchase "credit" which you then add to your account and use towards games etc.
Illusionary23/03/2020 23:14

See my earlier post:You can purchase Xbox 360 games for download using a …See my earlier post:You can purchase Xbox 360 games for download using a credit card directly on the marketplace accessible from the console. Alternatively, you can purchase store credit from a third party retailer, redeem that to your Xbox account and make purchases out of that credit balance.Alternatively, consider an Xbox Game Pass subscription if you're not fussed about keeping the games permanently: https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-game-pass A physical game? Yes, of course.

What if it’s a downloaded one? Like if you purchased it before, would I be able to use it? Like is there some type of code or? This is the last question I promise(:I
"Download" codes are usually ONE TIME USE only. Someone can give you say; an unredeemed code; and you could use it - if that's what you mean? Also, yes, if someone else purchased a physical "code" from a retailer and passed that code to you then you can use it to 'redeem' and download the game. If purchased from Microsoft; either from xbox.com or through the console - No. Only you can purchase direct and the game would be linked to your account.

Not totally understanding your line "like if you purchased it before" - unless you are referring to the original account holder from before the console was stored away. If that IS the case - yes but only if you retrieve the original account. If there were games downloaded to THAT account, they would still be available to download. No codes needed as they would be registered to the original account.
If you purchase a game through the xbox store or via a code you type in after buying it digitally, it is linked to your account.
So if you sign in on any xbox anytime all your digital games are available.
Use the xbox store or cdkeys is a pretty common digital game supply place, you buy the game, they email you a code, you type it in and download them game to play.
Take a look here:
cdkeys.com/xbo…mes

Gears of war codes are available for as little as 99p. Old titles - yes. Great games - definitely! They'd keep you occupied for a while anyway!
I wouldn't get a sub. Just get some cheap games from cdkeys and maybe second hand games from ebay / music magpie / cex etc
Loads of good games for the 360.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants