EXPIRED

Xbox 360 games for an almost 10 year old?

My amazing parents have bought their grandson an Xbox 360. He has played some games once or twice, I would really appreciate some recommendations for games. I would prefer not to see him playing games where he has to shoot someone to steal their car, I appreciate these are age rated 18 anyway. Any ideas please?

21 Comments

Rayman Legends, superb platformer for all ages, here's a link to the cheapest price currrently

thegamecollection.net/ray…086

my 6 yr old has just had minecraft ideal for youngsters, non violent but addictive you can buy user guide from supermarkets at £3.99 it has also helped his reading as it helps him progress in the game (general idea is its a thinking game you build villages & live in minecraft while trying to stay safe at night time) hope this helps :-)

Original Poster

mattriggy

Rayman Legends, superb platformer for all ages, here's a link to the … Rayman Legends, superb platformer for all ages, here's a link to the cheapest price currrently :)http://www.thegamecollection.net/rayman-legends-xbox-360.html?tduid=e76597bdae51fff97582717511e8d086

Ordered, thank you!

Original Poster

steven75

my 6 yr old has just had minecraft ideal for youngsters, non violent but … my 6 yr old has just had minecraft ideal for youngsters, non violent but addictive you can buy user guide from supermarkets at £3.99 it has also helped his reading as it helps him progress in the game (general idea is its a thinking game you build villages & live in minecraft while trying to stay safe at night time) hope this helps :-)

This is great, we are staying with my parents for a short while, I think his Grandpa will end up playing with him on this one. Cheers!

My son and his friends are 9 or 10 yr old. Current favourites...

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare (don't let the name put you off, it's got a PEGI 7 age rating)

Fifa 14

Minecraft

Terraria

Original Poster

Brilliant thank you, I haven't heard of the last one.

GTA5
COD Ghosts
The Darkness 2
Left 4 Dead 2
South Park Stick of Truth
Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag
Tomb Raider 2013
Fallout 3
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

All the Lego titles, Batman, Marvel, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Carribean, Lord of the Rings...my kids from 6 up (inc their big kid of a dad!) all love them.

Would also agree with the other posters over Minecraft too.

oh and Wolfenstein the new order, max payne 3, red dead redemption, dead rising 2, gears of war, dead space series, dead island, resident evil 6, Dantes Inferno
Edited by: "techo" 27th Jul 2014

Original Poster

Cheers techno, older friend has gifted the first two and the assassins Creed 4. Not sure about left for dead...Will look into the others. Much appreciate your time (and recognising that as a ten year old he will want to play things like GT5).

Original Poster

macdoona

All the Lego titles, Batman, Marvel, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Pirates of … All the Lego titles, Batman, Marvel, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Carribean, Lord of the Rings...my kids from 6 up (inc their big kid of a dad!) all love them.Would also agree with the other posters over Minecraft too.

Thank you, he has decided he likes the idea of all of these. We have Minecraft on order.

also try terraria, doritos crash course, pinball fx2.

Henvig

Cheers techno, older friend has gifted the first two and the assassins … Cheers techno, older friend has gifted the first two and the assassins Creed 4. Not sure about left for dead...Will look into the others. Much appreciate your time (and recognising that as a ten year old he will want to play things like GT5).

Yeah man, despite the dodgy sounding names (alot of times devs name them to sell) these are all completely fun and suitable for Your kid.

techo

GTA5COD GhostsThe Darkness 2Left 4 Dead 2South Park Stick of … GTA5COD GhostsThe Darkness 2Left 4 Dead 2South Park Stick of TruthAssassin's Creed 4 Black FlagTomb Raider 2013Fallout 3Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

Stop trolling.

Original Poster

MichyM

also try terraria, doritos crash course, pinball fx2.

This is the second recommendation for Terraria, looking it up right now. Thanks!

Most of the best games have already been mentioned. Does he like racing games? If so then you've got plenty to choose from. Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed might be a good option.

macdoona

All the Lego titles, Batman, Marvel, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Pirates of … All the Lego titles, Batman, Marvel, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Carribean, Lord of the Rings...my kids from 6 up (inc their big kid of a dad!) all love them.

Ah yeh, forgot about these, they're fab, me and my son often play them together. Lots of fun and loads of puzzles to work out.

Original Poster

Thanks all, we're now looking for the best deals on these games.

its my daughter birthday tomorrow and we have got her a 360 the shop recomended disney infinity and the new disney infinity marvel 2.0 that will be out soon oh and minecraft x

Original Poster

michelleoconnorwright

its my daughter birthday tomorrow and we have got her a 360 the shop … its my daughter birthday tomorrow and we have got her a 360 the shop recomended disney infinity and the new disney infinity marvel 2.0 that will be out soon oh and minecraft x

Thanks, we have Skylanders, which he is enjoying. Will ask about Disney infinity.

techo

Yeah man, despite the dodgy sounding names (alot of times devs name them … Yeah man, despite the dodgy sounding names (alot of times devs name them to sell) these are all completely fun and suitable for Your kid.

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
    2. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
    3. Apples new update610
    4. Any PS4 News Here29313799

See more discussions