Found 14th Sep 2007
Hi,

I have 2 games for the xbox 360 (Ridge Racer 7 & Vegas 6). Both refuse to work. There appears to be a small crack near the centre spindle hole on both discs. Is it possible to get them replaced.

I don't have receipts for them.

Thanks

11 Comments

Not without spending money - I think its about £10 ....

Link is here
xbox.com/en-…htm

Might be cheaper just to buy the games 2nd hand.....

Some places can repair scratched games.but im not sure about cracked.
Word of warning, i once put a cracked CD in my PC, minutes later it shattered in my CD drive,

1 year warranty, contact them and get a new one.

Was going to say he doesn't have the receipt for the warranty claim. Then I remembered Vegas only came out last November, doh!

Well, at least it'll teach you to look after your games better ^_^

I had the same problem with Lost Planet...

It's not a problem of handling the games better, it is sometimes down to popping them back into the case that can create a small crack that becomes worse over time.

I contacted Capcom and they allowed me to send the game off for replacement.

I didn't have a receipt as I bought the game from someone on here (not saying it was faulty when it arrived, as I was playing it for sometime before it stopped working).

Just type an email to the game publisher and hope for a sympathetic person to receive it. Nothing to lose.

Sloth/Mod

add-man

Word of warning, i once put a cracked CD in my PC, minutes later it … Word of warning, i once put a cracked CD in my PC, minutes later it shattered in my CD drive,

:thumbsup:

Heed this warning........my mate's 360 came to a very quick and unpleasent death when he bought a cracked disc of eBay that did exactly this to his 360.

aty

Hi,I have 2 games for the xbox 360 (Ridge Racer 7 & Vegas 6). Both … Hi,I have 2 games for the xbox 360 (Ridge Racer 7 & Vegas 6). Both refuse to work. There appears to be a small crack near the centre spindle hole on both discs. Is it possible to get them replaced.I don't have receipts for them.Thanks

Contact microsoft they do a thing that if your games were damaged by your machine they replace them

Original Poster

Cheers everyone. I bought the games second hand hence no receipt. I think I will have to contact the publisher(s) and see what they have to say.

dandoc2

Contact microsoft they do a thing that if your games were damaged by your … Contact microsoft they do a thing that if your games were damaged by your machine they replace them

I would think that 'thing' is the scratching caused bby moving the unit when the drive is powered up, I don't think the Xbox drive can crack optical media.

John

semi-related (lost planet)

I've given up trying to complete this game, because when I finish a mission the game will crash on saving :'(, it has done this to me a few times on this game alone... I have killed the arachnid, got the achievement for it, yet it crashed when saving so have to complete the mission again.

this is either because of 1 or 2 things the disc has a slight fault on it or my hdd is cream crackered...

however I believe i'm on my way to my 4th 360, because when playing crackdown, you get the usual 360 (aeroplane in the distance) sound, but after a while of playing my 360 gives up... 360 goes almost silent and the ingame graphics go what can only be discribed as tits up... did amuse me though first time it happened so whilst it was doing it i took a vid with my phone - ]view here

Dodgey cam cos i was playing the game one handed lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Home CCTV system advice.23
    2. dakine backpacks11
    3. Android pay set up59
    4. How to remove bar at bottom of screen on ios 11.0.335

See more discussions