Groups

Xbox 360 HD DVD Player Help

Banned
    Right, need to know info about the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player
    Can it be used on a Laptop?
    How do thay charge if you dont have a charger?
    Can they play normal DVD's?
    And any other usefull info

I might buy a HD dvd player of ebay, no cables or anything, and i want to use it on my netbook

32 Comments

Can it be used on a Laptop?

Yes

How do thay charge if you dont have a charger?

They have a "charger" (a power supply). You will NEED one of these.

Can they play normal DVD's?

Yes

Original Poster Banned

grex9101;5792145

Can it be used on a Laptop?YesHow do thay charge if you dont have a … Can it be used on a Laptop?YesHow do thay charge if you dont have a charger?They have a "charger" (a power supply). You will NEED one of these.Can they play normal DVD's?Yes

Thanks
    So if it dosent come with a charger, what do i do?

CheapAsChipsKid;5792162

Thanks :)So if it dosent come with a charger, what do i do?

ummmm, buy one? :-D

Original Poster Banned

grex9101;5792188

ummmm, buy one? :-D

Oh, Sorry. Im new to this lot
    Lol. ok, Thanks
    Rep Left

It's not a charger, it's a power adapter, like the one you have going in to your TV, nothing charges.

Original Poster Banned

I was looking at this:

eBay item number: 110409897959

grex9101;5792145

Can it be used on a Laptop?YesHow do thay charge if you dont have a … Can it be used on a Laptop?YesHow do thay charge if you dont have a charger?They have a "charger" (a power supply). You will NEED one of these.Can they play normal DVD's?Yes

It can be used on a laptop but you need the right software and right card to handle the hd picture i couldnt manage to get it to work on my computer and agree with the last 2

the dandy p;5792222

It's not a charger, it's a power adapter, like the one you have going in … It's not a charger, it's a power adapter, like the one you have going in to your TV, nothing charges.

as if I hadn't already said that... :?

CheapAsChipsKid;5792230

I was looking at this:eBay item number: 110409897959

It's cheap cos it has no leads.

Go for one with everything, less hassle :thumbsup:

Tbh mate unless you have a massive collection of hd dvds i wouldnt bother getting a player - its too late you wont get hold of the decent films cheap

Original Poster Banned

dandoc2;5792247

Tbh mate unless you have a massive collection of hd dvds i wouldnt bother … Tbh mate unless you have a massive collection of hd dvds i wouldnt bother getting a player - its too late you wont get hold of the decent films cheap

Ok

CheapAsChipsKid;5792258

Ok

I mean if you will just be using it for dvds thats alright

dandoc2;5792247

Tbh mate unless you have a massive collection of hd dvds i wouldnt bother … Tbh mate unless you have a massive collection of hd dvds i wouldnt bother getting a player - its too late you wont get hold of the decent films cheap

CheapAsChipsKid;5792258

Ok

I'd disagree (sorry dandoc) -- you can still get plenty from selected gamestations. Amazon also hae a lot of stock that they'll have to reduce at some point.

It's still well worth it IMO.

grex9101;5792281

I'd disagree (sorry dandoc) -- you can still get plenty from selected … I'd disagree (sorry dandoc) -- you can still get plenty from selected gamestations. Amazon also hae a lot of stock that they'll have to reduce at some point.It's still well worth it IMO.

i have like 100 hd dvds but that taken me ages and ages to get -- yeh you can get some from gamestation but my local only have about 15 - the harry potters and all the other norm £1.99 each - he is best to buy the player with like 25 + films that way hes got some to watch - although they wont be hd on his netbook

grex9101;5792241

as if I hadn't already said that... :?It's cheap cos it has no leads.Go … as if I hadn't already said that... :?It's cheap cos it has no leads.Go for one with everything, less hassle :thumbsup:

You in fact didn't say this, you said 'they have a charger' which is wrong.

dandoc2;5792289

i have like 100 hd dvds but that taken me ages and ages to get -- yeh you … i have like 100 hd dvds but that taken me ages and ages to get -- yeh you can get some from gamestation but my local only have about 15 - the harry potters and all the other norm £1.99 each - he is best to buy the player with like 25 + films that way hes got some to watch - although they wont be hd on his netbook

agreed, although there's always a few threads on avforums with people selling entire collections for ~£2-£3 each on average.

the dandy p;5792318

You in fact didn't say this, you said 'they have a charger' which is … You in fact didn't say this, you said 'they have a charger' which is wrong.

I said:

"They have a "charger" (a power supply). You will NEED one of these."

I quoted "charger" as that is what the OP had said, i then said "(a power supply)" for that is what it is.

I realise you may find that difficult to understand. It's ok :thumbsup:

Banned

it won't run on a laptop unless it's an extreme gamer edition

lumoruk;5792411

lol

lumoruk;5792411

Hardly, all you need is a half-decent graphics card and a couple of gig of RAM.

phatboy123;5792516

lol

+1

The boy ain't got a clue...

Banned

grex9101;5792525

Hardly, all you need is a half-decent graphics card and a couple of gig … Hardly, all you need is a half-decent graphics card and a couple of gig of RAM.

and you've done this? what laptop comes with a half decent graphics card that isn't meant for gamers

grex9101;5792323

agreed, although there's always a few threads on avforums with people … agreed, although there's always a few threads on avforums with people selling entire collections for ~£2-£3 each on average.

Yeh just looked on there got loads of hd dvds for sale - ty for that

lumoruk;5792592

and you've done this? what laptop comes with a half decent graphics card … and you've done this? what laptop comes with a half decent graphics card that isn't meant for gamers

Um... the one i'm using just now (dell xps 1530)

and my previous one (HP dv9753ea)....

:roll:

grex9101;5792642

Um... the one i'm using just now (dell xps 1530)and my previous one (HP … Um... the one i'm using just now (dell xps 1530)and my previous one (HP dv9753ea)....:roll:

and my dell vostro 1500 with its intel graphics.

deathtrap3000;5792647

and my dell vostro 1500 with its intel graphics.

SERIOUS hardcore gaming rig you got there! :-D

lumoruk;5792592

and you've done this? what laptop comes with a half decent graphics card … and you've done this? what laptop comes with a half decent graphics card that isn't meant for gamers

lol even my vaio with integrated graphics and plays hd............

EXTREME GAMING LAPTOP :w00t::p

phatboy123;5792682

lol even my vaio with integrated graphics and plays hd if you don't have … lol even my vaio with integrated graphics and plays hd if you don't have much running in the background.EXTREME GAMING LAPTOP :w00t::p

lol, lumor getting owned :-D

grex9101;5792347

I said:"They have a "charger" (a power supply). You will NEED one of … I said:"They have a "charger" (a power supply). You will NEED one of these."I quoted "charger" as that is what the OP had said, i then said "(a power supply)" for that is what it is.I realise you may find that difficult to understand. It's ok :thumbsup:

I realise that you may find it hard to understand, but I was having a go at your choice of wording, It's ok though you are forgiven.

Banned

phatboy123;5792682

lol even my vaio with integrated graphics and plays [COLOR="Red"]hd if … lol even my vaio with integrated graphics and plays [COLOR="Red"]hd if you don't have much running in the background.[/COLOR]

thank you i rest my case

lumoruk;5792718

thank you i rest my case

M'kay :thumbsup:

lol what'd the OP do?

the dandy p;5792714

I realise that you may find it hard to understand, but I was having a go … I realise that you may find it hard to understand, but I was having a go at your choice of wording, It's ok though you are forgiven.

I forgive you too :thumbsup:

lumoruk;5792592

Gotmine working on my Asus EEE 701 2GB DDR and it works a treat, so this is not correct

Banned

Chuckles1001;5792829

Gotmine working on my Asus EEE 701 2GB DDR and it works a treat, so this … Gotmine working on my Asus EEE 701 2GB DDR and it works a treat, so this is not correct

funny cracked my sides then

OP use this
    download.cyberlink.com/ftp…exe

shivaranjan.com/200…vd/
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423114446
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767107
      3. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1446
      4. Online order Packaging - Share your best or worst1830

See more discussions