Groups

xbox 360 - HD via component?

is it possible to get hi def xbox gaming via the 3 pin composite?
    If so, can anyone tell me how?
    I went into the xbox settings and tried to set it to 720p and said i couldn't as it couldn't detect a hdmi input or something :s

Any help much appreciated.....!!!
    And repped!

Thanks

13 Comments

if your using the yellow, white and red one...then no as thats a standard audio/video input, you will either need the 6 pin cable or the HDMI cable...hdmi cable is alot easier imo

As above but you can also use a VGA cable for HD if you don't have a HDMI console

Original Poster

no the other three.... blue and two other colours
    whats the 6 pin cable? :s

4 main types of cable for the 360 - 3 of which are hd

Standard Def
    Composite - Yellow for video and Red and White for audio

High Def
    Component - Red Blue Green for video and White and Red for audio
    VGA - D-Sub for video and red and white for audio
    HDMI - All in 1

Original Poster

i'm not 100% sure which one mine is........
    mine is two sets of three
    one of which is yellow, red and white and the other of which is blue, green and red.....

czar.nik;5742527

i'm not 100% sure which one mine is........mine is two sets of threeone … i'm not 100% sure which one mine is........mine is two sets of threeone of which is yellow, red and white and the other of which is blue, green and red.....

You're using component so it's capable of HD, as for why it's not working i'm not sure, what TV are you using as perhaps it's due to a setting on there.

RedIron;5742529

You're using component so it's capable of HD, as for why it's not working … You're using component so it's capable of HD, as for why it's not working i'm not sure, what TV are you using as perhaps it's due to a setting on there.

or he hasnt plugged the right ones in...

deathtrap3000;5742530

or he hasnt plugged the right ones in...

Possibly but they're colour coded and the sound / video cables are separated

you sure you have not plugged in the blue, red and green in to the red, white and yellow holes in the TV?

Deathtrap3000 dont forget there is a scart cable

there's a switch on the end of the cable that plugs into the console, it's a sliding switch for TV/HDTV
    ]http://z.about.com/d/xbox/1/5/2/G/360avswitch.jpg

switch that to HDTV then try again.

Original Poster

ctuk;5742588

there's a switch on the end of the cable that plugs into the console, … there's a switch on the end of the cable that plugs into the console, it's a sliding switch for TV/HDTV ]switch that to HDTV then try again.

fantastic!!! i finally have my beloved xbox working on 1080p!

Just needed to flip that switch (didn't notice it before :oops:)

Thanks for all the help guys! rep left for all

Chuckles1001;5742562

Deathtrap3000 dont forget there is a scart cable

Yeh but who goes out and buys the scart cable when there is a scart adapter for the composite cable included.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014476
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767190
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7061339
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!44

See more discussions