Groups

Xbox 360 HDMI Question - Updated

Just a quick question going to buy a HDMI cable for my xbox 360 and was just wondering if i need to buy an offical microsoft HDMI cable or can i use any?

EDIT: well just realised that there are no HDMI sockets on the back of the 360 (thought there was for some reason) and i have the core 360 so it doesnt have the fancy leads, so im guessing i need to buy a proper microsfot one then do i? if so any pointer as to where to get them from?

thanks in advance (again)

15 Comments

Any hdmi to hdmi cable is fine

Original Poster

nice one, thanks

rep left

You can use any - i'm usnig a sony one on my arcade at the moment

i'm using the funny scart cable that came with my premium, but i'm not sure where the extra scarts go as there are 2 extra red sockets and when i try and put the cable in hd mode, the screen is just blank even though i can hear the game

emasu;1414620

You can use any - i'm usnig a sony one on my arcade at the moment

Sony + microsoft hmm.. are you sure your doing it right?:-D

t0mm;1414947

Sony + microsoft hmm.. are you sure your doing it right?:-D

Thats the first post in ages without you saying anything to do with adults :thinking:

I was tempted, but i thought i'd give you the benefit of the doubt :-D.

On the otherhand I know its not a 360 but my PS3 is using a £5 HDMI cable and it works perfectly.

logical_zombie;1414937

i'm using the funny scart cable that came with my premium, but i'm not … i'm using the funny scart cable that came with my premium, but i'm not sure where the extra scarts go as there are 2 extra red sockets and when i try and put the cable in hd mode, the screen is just blank even though i can hear the game

Sounds like you're referring to the component/composite cable - this has a red, green and blue connector together on one part and yellow, white and red on the other. To use it on a standard television with composite input, you use the yellow, red and white plugs, if you have a component input (typically HDTVs), then you use the red, green, blue and red, white plugs.

John

so no yellow basically

Original Poster

added another question in first post

Original Poster

spot on, thanks

king261;1419533

spot on, thanks

:thumbsup:

Original Xbox Core/Premiums do not have hdmi, only later models which is mainly the Pro/Elite (and Arcade possibly?)

John

All pros, elites and arcades have HDMI
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846165
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764205
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31136
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio33

See more discussions