Xbox 360 Help

hi just recieved my xbox 360 wireless adaptor.
i plugged it in to my xbox 360, turned my internet connection on and i cant get on xbox live.

just wondered do anyone know why this is.

thanks

10 Comments

you got a wireless router, is the signal accessible from your xbox ?

walls and stuff make the signal weaker

Go into the 'Network Settings' blade on your 360, and click on Edit Settings.

Once in there make sure you are on the 'Basic Settings' tab and go down to 'Wireless Mode'. Once you click on this it will search for your wireless network, once you find your wireless network select it from the list and enter any network key if you have one and it should connect after that.

Banned

I've just found this ebuyer.com/pro…431

Delivered for £25.09

http://image.ebuyer.com/UK/P0132431_C0000039_P0000000.jpg

There was a bad batch of wifi dongles a few months back that didnt work. Game, Gamestation, HMV etc all got recalled. Hopefully this is not the case and yours was bought only recently from a shop and not off ebay or something.

Original Poster

Toybhoy;3316964

There was a bad batch of wifi dongles a few months back that didnt work. … There was a bad batch of wifi dongles a few months back that didnt work. Game, Gamestation, HMV etc all got recalled. Hopefully this is not the case and yours was bought only recently from a shop and not off ebay or something.

i got mine from shopto for £39.99 today

shaun go on xbox live ( via cable) i will tell you what to do

If you dont manage to get ti working i will buy it off you

is it worth buying a 2nd hand one of these from BlockBuster at £29 or is it too much of a risk as i hadnt heard about the recalled batches ???!

kie9ward;3317815

is it worth buying a 2nd hand one of these from BlockBuster at £29 or is … is it worth buying a 2nd hand one of these from BlockBuster at £29 or is it too much of a risk as i hadnt heard about the recalled batches ???!

well they give you 12 months warranty anyways so if ti didnt work you could always return it

You sure about them being £29 as they are a bargain if so might go and pick on up

def about it being £29 quid for a preowned one---i know cos i picked one up from BB in Bishop Aukland last night. It had been traded in by the store manager and he contacted me as i had previously left a contact number should one come in. He explained you get a 1 year warranty (receipt) and it works like a dream.
A local computer shop along the same street had the new ones at £60 and preowned at £48 so felt like i had a bargain!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!1618
    2. Sad news about Barcelona1530
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764045
    4. Ebid over Ebay55

See more discussions