xbox 360 help

I have 2 consoles.
1 banned flashed
1 unbanned normal never opened console. (60gb hard drive)
Can I use the 60GB hard drive from my unbanned console on my banned one? Will it ban my unbanned console? It will only be for a little while maybe just the weekend and then use it again in the unbanned console? Is this safe?

28 Comments

it wont get your console banned, it's just a storage device

Yea wont do nowt.

Just thought about it, you may need to format it b4 u use it on the banned 360.

Original Poster

MarzBarz;6810570

Just thought about it, you may need to format it b4 u use it on the … Just thought about it, you may need to format it b4 u use it on the banned 360.

why would I need to do that mate? and will I then need to format it again after using it on my banned on.

Met-Cast;6810600

why would I need to do that mate? and will I then need to format it again … why would I need to do that mate? and will I then need to format it again after using it on my banned on.

What do you need a hard drive to do on banned console ? apart from the obvious.

I wouldn't chance it, over on xbox scene people are reporting that putting a hdd that has been on a banned console could cause problems on the new 360, you would need to reformat it first.

My flashed console hasn'rt been connected to live yet so isn't banned, i presume it would be ok to put the hdd from that onto my new unflashed elite, even though it has mw2 game saves on it?

Original Poster

dontasciime;6810698

What do you need a hard drive to do on banned console ? apart from the … What do you need a hard drive to do on banned console ? apart from the obvious.

Don't have any other storage device 'till monday so have no way of playing on it really.

souljacker;6810816

I wouldn't chance it, over on xbox scene people are reporting that … I wouldn't chance it, over on xbox scene people are reporting that putting a hdd that has been on a banned console could cause problems on the new 360, you would need to reformat it first.My flashed console hasn'rt been connected to live yet so isn't banned, i presume it would be ok to put the hdd from that onto my new unflashed elite, even though it has mw2 game saves on it?

That'd mean my saves would be gone for my 360 so no point then.

So you only have 1 hd at minute ?

Original Poster

dontasciime;6810916

So you only have 1 hd at minute ?

Yes

Met-Cast;6811023

Yes

Where / how do you game saves come into it then, excuse the slowness if it's staring at me. I was under the impression the 60gb was from a new box just opened and yet to be used.

Tried adding you on msn earlier to speed up responses

Original Poster

dontasciime;6812269

Where do you game saves come into it then, excuse the slowness if it's … Where do you game saves come into it then, excuse the slowness if it's staring at me, but i was under the impression the 60 was from a new box just opened and yet to be used.Tried adding you on msn earlier to spped up responses

I wanna play my games on the flashed one downstairs as it says I need to make a profile and I need a storage device for that.

yeah but when you say you wanna play your games, where have you been saving them to before this though

Original Poster

dontasciime;6812347

yeah but you wanna play your games, where have you been saving them to … yeah but you wanna play your games, where have you been saving them to before this though

I had a 256mb memory card its at a friends at the moment.

can see hundreds of law suits from people taking thier HDD's over thier mates who arent flashed, and if MS are banning new 360's that have had a HDD that has been on a banned console.. they're shooting emself in the foot.

If your flashed, you run the chance of getting banned, MS's techniques of detecting have got to be to do with the firmware or how it deals with the discs.. otherwise non banned consoles would get hit!

We all know that C4e will say, "fw isnt detectabe".. well MS know something we dont.. obviously..

Then I would use the 60 gig on your flashed banned console with no INTERNET access on it at all EGA remove Ethernet cable or wireless dongle. if you format it to the machine it will ask for serial if it's never been done before on that machine

You will have to create an offline profile on the 60 , your game saves for/from the banned one I would not be using until you sort out a new console with live on it eg new xbox with hard drive then import gamertag as you will not be able to create a new profile and use the game saves from a previous gamertag on the newly created profile.

Original Poster

dontasciime;6812403

Then I would use the 60 gig on your flashed banned console with no … Then I would use the 60 gig on your flashed banned console with no INTERNET access on it at all EGA remove Ethernet cable or wireless dongle. if you format it to the machine it will ask for serial if it's never been done before on that machineYou will have to create an offline profile on the 60 , your game saves for/from the banned one I would not be using until you sort out a new console with live on it eg new xbox with hard drive then import gamertag as you will not be able to create a new profile and use the game saves from a previous gamertag

Its seems to risky I'll leave it. I can still play games like modern warfare 2 without the memory card right? Just a bit of split screen?

It's not risky my 250,s are fine my lent out hd's are also fine ... M$ cannot ban a user with a genuine hard drive when that hard drive has been used on a 360 before regardless of whether it's a banned console or not makes no sense for that .... Use it and I will pay postage for you to send me 60gb drive if it does and I will fix it or send you a new one providing you ain't opened hard drive /taken apart and voided warranty before.

Original Poster

You will fix what the hard drive or the console?
btw im talking about the console being banned?

Met-Cast;6812570

You will fix what the hard drive or the console?btw im talking about the … You will fix what the hard drive or the console?btw im talking about the console being banned?

I forgot about your unopened console ?

I take it your unused console is a gift for someone and you only want to use 60gb for a few days is that because you are getting another 360 in those few days >?

I was referring to the hard drive being unable to be used if something went wrong only, but I see your point (I am confident in saying that your unused console will be safe when you introduce your 60gb back to console) however ;lol I don't fancy paying for a console as well though. especially if you were to send me the already banned one :lol: cheeky

How old is the unopened one ?

If you did go ahead

I would also just before putting back on original (the unused console) save your game saves off to a memory card using your banned console at this pooint. Then when done, on the unbanned 360 put hd back on then format the hard drive without creating a profile or having entered any IP's to gain internt access on that console until at least you have completed the format

Original Poster

Lool all confusing I have two consoles its not unused its unbanned :P I use the unbanned for online and just worried it might get banned if I use stuff off a banned console the 60 is currently in the unbanned.

Create a new profile on 60gb whilst connect to the unbanned one then. Take off hd put on banned. sign into newly crearted profile. play/save games for a few days . Put back on unbanned 360. (unbanned has no ethernet cable in at any point)

My example saved my profile to 256 meg mem card put into flashed non ixtreme console signed into my profile dontasciime played a backup game on modded to see if I could get achievement got 1 it worked put memcard back onto unmodified console no ban.

I was only testing to see if cheeves were possible not to see if I would get banned. Me I would take the risk can see why maybe someone would think twice though. I still think it will be fine but it's your console and cash as I withdraw my previous hard drive offer when it made no sense :lol

Original Poster

dontasciime;6812886

Create a new profile on 60gb whilst connect to the unbanned one then. … Create a new profile on 60gb whilst connect to the unbanned one then. Take off hd put on banned. sign into newly crearted profile. play/save games for a few days . Put back on unbanned 360. (unbanned has no ethernet cable in at any point)My example saved my profile to 256 meg mem card put into flashed non ixtreme console signed into my profile dontasciime played a backup game on modded to see if I could get achievement got 1 it worked put memcard back onto unmodified console no ban. I was only testing to see if cheeves were possible not to see if I would get banned. Me I would take the risk can see why maybe someone would think twice though. I still think it will be fine but it's your console and cash as I withdraw my previous hard drive offer when it made no sense :lol

Can I play Modern Warfare 2 without it?

Sorry I don't have mw2 yet I would say it will either not let you or little point

Original Poster

dontasciime;6813713

Sorry I don't have mw2 yet I would say it will either not let you or … Sorry I don't have mw2 yet I would say it will either not let you or little point

Lol thanks anyway mate alot of help I wish I could get a thousand rep but you know I cant

You would think that all on here that got it early would give you hint and try theirs without a memcard a hd or even a 360 :lol.

Why you not got your mem card anyways ?

try ya mw2 it might allow some sort of play

Original Poster

dontasciime;6813834

You would think that all on here that got it early would give you hint … You would think that all on here that got it early would give you hint and try theirs without a memcard a hd or even a 360 :lol.Why you not got your mem card anyways ?try ya mw2 it might allow some sort of play

Good point

Brother's friend has it wasn't even told about this and I even think the saves will be gone! there goes my ballad of gay tony save!

Ill try it now then.

Hey met cast!
Im banned! dammit!
Figured out whats happened though, If your profile is on the harddrive, you can still play it on a non modded one, but any games which you have been played after the ban on ur modded console, your achievements will go corrupt.
And you can't play any of your modded games which are installed on ur HDD, so just delete em, but everything else eg DLC etc should work fine - as i tried mine on my bro's one
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213599
    2. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??33
    3. What an absolute disgrace2155
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386134

See more discussions