Groups

Xbox 360 Help....

Xbox 360 has the red ring of death.

Can anyone help me fix it?

18 Comments

Youtube is your friend.

How old is it, might be able to fix it for free via microsoft. Up to three years usually from registration.

Original Poster

robertroland11

Youtube is your friend.

thanks.

Original Poster

Adam2050

How old is it, might be able to fix it for free via microsoft. Up to … How old is it, might be able to fix it for free via microsoft. Up to three years usually from registration.

think I got 1 and a half years after it came out.

look up xclamp kits. They're supposed to fix it 9/10 times. Dirt cheap on ebay

Original Poster

hypnoticstate

look up xclamp kits. They're supposed to fix it 9/10 times. Dirt cheap on … look up xclamp kits. They're supposed to fix it 9/10 times. Dirt cheap on ebay

thanks.

Wrap it in a blanket so all the fan holes are blocked and leave it on a floor getting hot (while it is turned on flashing red lights) for about 20mins unwrap it and turn it off and on again.
    if it dint work try a bit longer.

DADOF7

Wrap it in a blanket so all the fan holes are blocked and leave it on a … Wrap it in a blanket so all the fan holes are blocked and leave it on a floor getting hot (while it is turned on flashing red lights) for about 20mins unwrap it and turn it off and on again.if it dint work try a bit longer.

rrod means it wont get hot. it wont power on.

Original Poster

i don't get it.

how did i get the 3 red rings?

Whats the error code? Power on and hold the sync button down now whilst holding it press eject for the first number again for the second third and fourth, 1 light = 1, 2=2, 3=3 and 4=0
    should have a four digit code this is supposed to give more info post it here or look at this link.

Mines is being an ass hole as it varies between 2 different codes!

I did fix one via the towel method which is just wrapping it in towels and forcing it to overheat, stick a couple of q-tips into the fans to stop them.

Check first for basic problems such as loose cables on the back, try without hard drive or usb sticks connected, basically anything that doesnt need to be plugged in.

rrod is a hardware problem 9/10 times its not ur fault uve just been unlucky and a bit of your hardware has died

also the towel method is only a tempoary fix and does more damage to your xbox costing more to get fixed

send it to germany via ups - oh and that 3 year warrenty thing dosent count for rrod = even if it's the first 1 ever made they'll still repair it for you for free, shipping included

Original Poster

spud411

send it to germany via ups - oh and that 3 year warrenty thing dosent … send it to germany via ups - oh and that 3 year warrenty thing dosent count for rrod = even if it's the first 1 ever made they'll still repair it for you for free, shipping included

do you have the address or site?

Original Poster

dcx_badass

Do not wrapt it in a blanket, it is not a fix and makes it worse in the … Do not wrapt it in a blanket, it is not a fix and makes it worse in the long run. Oh my xbox is overheating, I know, I'll make it hotter, idiots.

thanks for the heads up.

Banned

spacemaniac

do you have the address or site?

xbox.com
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?24106
      2. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 8943
      3. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2458