Groups

Xbox 360 Help Needed

I have just got new xbox 360 elite out of its box and have 2 problems. One is that hitman game keeps saying the tv needs to be pal 60 and to change the settings but i cant seem to do it and the other is the amount of noise coming from it. Is it supposed to make that much noise? Its almost drowning out the game!! Thanks for any help

12 Comments

Yeh when the discs spin up they are noisy, but tend to quiet down a bit once your actually playing the game. Afaik all 360's are noisy.

To change to PAL 60 goto the console settings (last blade/tab) and you will find the tv settings there.

If you are using a HD telly, change the selector switch on the video cable near where it plugs into the xbox to HD or use a hdmi cable and set the screen to 720p or 1080i/p.. 720p is normally the best as the games native resolution is 720p, but it can depend on how your telly handles it.

Soon the noise wont be a problem as they are releasing an update which copies the game to the hdd so the disk wont need to spin in the drive.

deathtrap3000;2533435

Soon the noise wont be a problem as they are releasing an update which … Soon the noise wont be a problem as they are releasing an update which copies the game to the hdd so the disk wont need to spin in the drive.

Really? what happens if you have an arcade/core or your HDD is close to being full

deathtrap3000;2533435

Soon the noise wont be a problem as they are releasing an update which … Soon the noise wont be a problem as they are releasing an update which copies the game to the hdd so the disk wont need to spin in the drive.

really? is this just for the elite? I have an xbox and its not an elite, but its the one up from the arcade (i think it has a 20gb hard drive)?!?! I dunno what its called!

Do you have any links to more info on this?
    cheers!

Original Poster

Meangreenie;2533417

Yeh when the discs spin up they are noisy, but tend to quiet down a bit … Yeh when the discs spin up they are noisy, but tend to quiet down a bit once your actually playing the game. Afaik all 360's are noisy.To change to PAL 60 goto the console settings (last blade/tab) and you will find the tv settings there.If you are using a HD telly, change the selector switch on the video cable near where it plugs into the xbox to HD or use a hdmi cable and set the screen to 720p or 1080i/p.. 720p is normally the best as the games native resolution is 720p, but it can depend on how your telly handles it.

Thanks so much finally got it working! Rep left:thumbsup:

One last thing though, i presumed it would have a wireless internet connection like the ps3 but it doesnt. Can anyone tell me where to get the wireless network adapter from and how much they are? thanks xx

pinkkitty2007;2533666

Thanks so much finally got it working! Rep left:thumbsup:One last thing … Thanks so much finally got it working! Rep left:thumbsup:One last thing though, i presumed it would have a wireless internet connection like the ps3 but it doesnt. Can anyone tell me where to get the wireless network adapter from and how much they are? thanks xx

Hey hun.

The Wireless adapters are about £50. Give ma sec and I'll get a link :thumbsup:

Here you go:

pcworld.co.uk/pro…VDs

neilb1977;2533576

really? is this just for the elite? I have an xbox and its not an elite, … really? is this just for the elite? I have an xbox and its not an elite, but its the one up from the arcade (i think it has a 20gb hard drive)?!?! I dunno what its called!Do you have any links to more info on this?cheers!

Paddy_o_furniture;2533516

Really? what happens if you have an arcade/core or your HDD is close to … Really? what happens if you have an arcade/core or your HDD is close to being full

In the autumn when the new dashboard update comes out, it will be completely different.

There will be an option to copy the entire game to the hard drive. It will work for any console on any hard drive, but the games are up to 8gb in size so you will need enough space left.

Lots of details on the new update.

techradar.com/new…064

bit-tech.net/new…e/1

majornelson.com/arc…spx

eurogamer.net/art…154

pocket-lint.co.uk/new…tml

Original Poster

midlandscomics;2533673

Hey hun.The Wireless adapters are about £50. Give ma sec and I'll get a … Hey hun.The Wireless adapters are about £50. Give ma sec and I'll get a link :thumbsup:Here you go:http://www.pcworld.co.uk/product.php?sku=638379&type=pcwaffiliate&id=24880&source_id=aw&camp_id=Find+cheap+UK+DVDs

Wow thats expensive! Is there any other way to get it rigged up for live then? My tv is a long way away from my pc and router so the cable that came with it wont reach:x

pinkkitty2007;2534254

Wow thats expensive! Is there any other way to get it rigged up for live … Wow thats expensive! Is there any other way to get it rigged up for live then? My tv is a long way away from my pc and router so the cable that came with it wont reach:x

mine has got its own dedicated modem behind the tv, plugged into tho sky phone line

pinkkitty2007;2534254

Wow thats expensive! Is there any other way to get it rigged up for live … Wow thats expensive! Is there any other way to get it rigged up for live then? My tv is a long way away from my pc and router so the cable that came with it wont reach:x

buy a longer cable?
    ebuyer.com/pro…658

Banned

Homeplugs

Or buy a ethernet gaming adaptor for £15-£30 that as it says plugs into the ethernet port of the 360(or any console with a ethernet port) or even a desktop to turn it wireless

Only problem is most of the software for most is XP only and you need to have it connected to mains.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764307
      2. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism11
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63219
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917266

See more discussions