Groups

XBOX 360 Live

Hi Guys,

So I've had my XBOX 360 boxed up and unused for as long as I can remember. Used to have a Hard Disk for it but sold that on. Now if I want to rejoin Xbox Live, do I need a new Hard Disk?

Thanks

27 Comments

yessssssssss

No you don't you need a memory card or a HDD.

yes you do toooom

in short. no. in longterm, yes

with the new update you need a fair bit of space in order for it to be downloaded and utlised (128mb i think) so you can use a 512mb memory card and be fine for a period of time with your game saves and update. however in the longterm it'd be wise to get a hard drive. the bigger the better. im happily using a 20gb but would wish for more. this is due to m$ adding an 'install game to hard drive' feature in order to increase load times and make the console quieter. downside of that is it takes around 7gb per game to be put onto the hard drive. but now im wandering off course. to get onto xbox live now you will need to go buy at least a memory card for the update. harsh but true

strike;3595714

yes you do toooom

nuh uh uhhhhhh
    read aces post

t0mm;3595709

No you don't you need a memory card or a HDD.

your really out of touch aren't you kiddo :thumbsup:

u do, due to new update, the nxe dashboard thats why i said yes

Ace Hayward;3595728

your really out of touch aren't you kiddo :thumbsup:

Aye. How are you man?

strike;3595738

u do, due to new update, the nxe dashboard thats why i said yes

Shh my 60GB's still boxed up :-( :oops:

t0mm;3595766

Aye. How are you man?

im good thx,
    wanna swap your 60gb hdd for my 20gb and a game... :thumbsup::whistling:

Ace Hayward;3595789

im good thx,wanna swap your 60gb hdd for my 20gb and a game... … im good thx,wanna swap your 60gb hdd for my 20gb and a game... :thumbsup::whistling:

that's good:).

I've already spent too much I think i'll hold on to it. I think it's falcon too!

nooo, just the hdd... i can just see you selling ya console on again in a months time. no way near enough time to utilise the hdd... hehe

I used a 256mb memory card to get the update, only leaves 96mb left but allows me online on that 360 with only the memory card plugged in.

DudeyGeeza;3595866

I used a 256mb memory card to get the update, only leaves 96mb left but … I used a 256mb memory card to get the update, only leaves 96mb left but allows me online on that 360 with only the memory card plugged in.

Same here - been online this week with the new update with no problems, having only a 256mb card.

Ace Hayward;3595835

nooo, just the hdd... i can just see you selling ya console on again in a … nooo, just the hdd... i can just see you selling ya console on again in a months time. no way near enough time to utilise the hdd... hehe

ooooh, i wont sell it on i only sold two of my othes, one cause I was sick of xbox last year, the other because i dont know, but mum bought me this one so i'd feel real guilty.

why dont you do the 120GB trick?

t0mm;3595886

ooooh, i wont sell it on i only sold two of my othes, one cause I was … ooooh, i wont sell it on i only sold two of my othes, one cause I was sick of xbox last year, the other because i dont know, but mum bought me this one so i'd feel real guilty.why dont you do the 120GB trick?

as in buy a certain model 120gb hdd and replace with 20gb? cos i'd lose all my stuff thats on my 20gb silly!!!
    and yes im aware that you can use a 256mb memory card, but for the extra couple of ££ it makes sense to get the 512mb. thanks for finding the fault in my explanation AGAIN dudey (goit =P)

Ace Hayward;3595931

as in buy a certain model 120gb hdd and replace with 20gb? cos i'd lose … as in buy a certain model 120gb hdd and replace with 20gb? cos i'd lose all my stuff thats on my 20gb silly!!! and yes im aware that you can use a 256mb memory card, but for the extra couple of ££ it makes sense to get the 512mb. thanks for finding the fault in my explanation AGAIN dudey (goit =P)

Well now now, whose fault is that eh eh eh?!:p
    tried eBay?

dont think your quite grasping this tommo... i'd lose all my stuff! alot is undownloadable now thanks to the nxe. =P

Ace Hayward;3595984

dont think your quite grasping this tommo... i'd lose all my stuff! alot … dont think your quite grasping this tommo... i'd lose all my stuff! alot is undownloadable now thanks to the nxe. =P

surely you can use the transfer cable?
    other than that, i ain't grasping it.

t0mm;3595991

surely you can use the transfer cable?other than that, i ain't grasping … surely you can use the transfer cable?other than that, i ain't grasping it.

not on the shifty hdd that your proposing... (anyone wanna correct me?)

Ace Hayward;3595997

not on the shifty hdd that your proposing... (anyone wanna correct me?)

oh i was proposing you buy the 120GB 2.5" SATA.
    then i proposed you just buy a 60GB Xbox HDD off eBay.

I confuse myself..

hmm, Im sure you can use 360explorer to clone the disk then use it again to write to the bigger one and you will just have the extra free space and all your stuff will be identical.

I could be wrong as i have only cloned 120gb drives to another 120 before, done with the normal transfer cable and also a Xeno Connectivity kit (as they can connect to sata instead of USB so are faster)

Oh and ACE, hehe, I wasnt correcting anything, just sharing my experience with my memory card as strike may have confused things a little.. nowt to do with you m8ey

t0mm;3596018

oh i was proposing you buy the 120GB 2.5" SATA.then i proposed you just … oh i was proposing you buy the 120GB 2.5" SATA.then i proposed you just buy a 60GB Xbox HDD off eBay.I confuse myself..

and why would i then want 2 hdd's?? yea your confusing yourself!!!!

DudeyGeeza;3596031

hmm, Im sure you can use 360explorer to clone the disk then use it again … hmm, Im sure you can use 360explorer to clone the disk then use it again to write to the bigger one and you will just have the extra free space and all your stuff will be identical.I could be wrong as i have only cloned 120gb drives to another 120 before, done with the normal transfer cable and also a Xeno Connectivity kit (as they can connect to sata instead of USB so are faster)Oh and ACE, hehe, I wasnt correcting anything, just sharing my experience with my memory card as strike may have confused things a little.. nowt to do with you m8ey

ya know, if i didnt like you... you'd wind me up!

Ace Hayward;3596045

ya know, if i didnt like you... you'd wind me up!

lol, u is so funny:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks y'all.

So can I use a regular USB memory stick for now or do I need an Xbox specific one?

Blanco;3596702

Thanks y'all. So can I use a regular USB memory stick for now or do I … Thanks y'all. So can I use a regular USB memory stick for now or do I need an Xbox specific one?

You need a xbox memory card.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions