XBox 360 Live Arcade - What Cheap & Decent Games Should I Get

Found 26th Mar 2009
looking at spending a few of my Live points and just wondering what arcade games are available for cheap that are actually good and fun to play.

Let me know what you recommend guys + the points if you know them.

17 Comments

TMNT 1989 Arcade and Assault Heroes are 400pts each, and pretty great

Worms too, if you have people to play with

It isn't cheap, but splash out and go for Rez, you won't regret it :thumbsup:

Cheap and decent:
Uno: hotukdeals.com/ite…0-/
Geometry Wars

Others faves of mine are: Peggle; Carcasonne; Worms; Pacman: Champion Edition;

Just download the trials of any you fancy and try before you buy

Original Poster

dregan;4748540

TMNT 1989 Arcade and Assault Heroes are 400pts each, and pretty … TMNT 1989 Arcade and Assault Heroes are 400pts each, and pretty greatWorms too, if you have people to play with

AberBargoed;4748546

It isn't cheap, but splash out and go for Rez, you won't regret it … It isn't cheap, but splash out and go for Rez, you won't regret it :thumbsup:

hodsey77;4748739

Cheap and decent: Uno: … Cheap and decent: Uno: http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/364659/xbox-live-arcade-uno-game-xbox-360-/Geometry WarsOthers faves of mine are: Peggle; Carcasonne; Worms; Pacman: Champion Edition;Just download the trials of any you fancy and try before you buy

Cheers guys, will check these out.

Any others !!!

Sensible Soccer?

Castlevania & Braid would be my other two picks. Happy gaming - I'm off to play some Fifa 09, having been a Pro Evo addict since PS1 days I just can't seem to score from crosses, corners or free kicks :thinking::roll:

I mostly play speedball2 & Carcasonne when I'm short of a full price game to play, Sensible Soccer is good 1 player but I don't think they have fixed they 'just quit at the end if your loosing and it won't count bug' so I've stayed away from that live.

Dig Dug's only 200msp, so that may be worth a punt?

Original Poster

Any more recommendations.

Cheers to everyone so far!!!

hodsey77;4751379

Dig Dug's only 200msp, so that may be worth a punt?

Really?

Any other 200pt games?

I'd recommend Sonic 1 & 2, great games and aged fairly well.

Also, Braid is awesome

Original Poster

grex9101;4756844

Really?Any other 200pt games?I'd recommend Sonic 1 & 2, great games and … Really?Any other 200pt games?I'd recommend Sonic 1 & 2, great games and aged fairly well.Also, Braid is awesome

Yeah, I'd like to know if any other 200 point games, only need to be half decent at that price don't they.

Heard a few people sy bout Braid, you know how many points that currently is?

Already got the Sonic's on my Wii and Sega MegaDrive collection but cheers.

I think Braid is 1,200 points (ouch) - there was an offer on last month whereby you could get it for 800 but think that's finished now :-(

Original Poster

Anybody else know of any other 200 point games besides Dig Dug ???

mufc72;4757635

Anybody else know of any other 200 point games besides Dig Dug ???

looks like just dig dug:

en.wikipedia.org/wik…mes

some of the community games are 200 points :thumbsup:

Not sure how much it is, but you shouold check out the demo of "Castle Crashers" it's pretty fun, also, not sure if it is still there, but they had a Doritos game on XBL a few months back, was a free download and wasnt half bad, quite fun for a little while anyway.
Hope that helps you out a bit,

Mike..

Original Poster

MikeBeaver;4757704

Not sure how much it is, but you shouold check out the demo of "Castle … Not sure how much it is, but you shouold check out the demo of "Castle Crashers" it's pretty fun, also, not sure if it is still there, but they had a Doritos game on XBL a few months back, was a free download and wasnt half bad, quite fun for a little while anyway.Hope that helps you out a bit,Mike..

Cheers Mike, top man.

Original Poster

Any other tips for games as I'm gonna check them out later today?

If you make a US account, you can get Aegis Wing for free It's not the best, like, but for free
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback trick or treat cashback giveaway23
    2. disneyland paris tickets44
    3. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed433
    4. Amazon deliveries36

See more discussions