XBOX 360 LIVE, COPYING AND MODDED INFO NEEDED

35 replies
Found 30th Oct 2008
I have managed to get a modded 360 and was thinking about buying another non modded one to go online with as I am concerned my modded one will get banned if I go online with it, what I want to know is can I play all my back up games on the modded 360 under my usual username then when i want to go online switch to my non modded 360 and use the same user name which I have been playin my copied games on (in other words to build my gamer score up) I dont wanna risk getting the genuine 360 banned from online if their is some way for them to tell when I switch them around, also how do u burn a game once downloaded, I know u extract from winrar but do u just literally use power iso and thats it? I have a dl burner and heard verbitum discs are the best to use

Also many thanks to u guys which helped me in the other thread

35 Comments

When burning u need to specifically set the dual layer value. At work so do not know specific value.

Original Poster

Sorry u r talking to a newbie so didnt understand at all lol

Just play your modded 360 online like everyone else.

u need to burn at 2.4x speed , check out Aone discs at ebuyer 20 for £10ish do the job.

once downloaded u do no need to do nefing if u arnt going on live.

google.

You can switch the HDD from one console to another.
No one ever got banned for doing that.
As for playing offline with the modded console.
What´s the point?
Playing offline is the same as being banned.
Enjoy Xbox LIVE....

Original Poster

TanyaSpace;3328320

You can switch the HDD from one console to another.No one ever got banned … You can switch the HDD from one console to another.No one ever got banned for doing that.As for playing offline with the modded console.What´s the point?Playing offline is the same as being banned.Enjoy Xbox LIVE....

lol good point just didnt wanna get my gemertag banned but then i suppose I should only buy another console when/if i get banned because it only stops me from online and the xbox still plays games right???

Gamertags don´t get banned for playing backups
Consoles get banned.

Play with your modded one on LIVE and IF MS should ban again THEN
buy another console for LIVE. And yes, you still can play games on a banned console offline

It's the console that gets banned, not the gamertag or hdd. I've been using my modded console on live for in excess of a year now, and so far (touch wood) nothing has happened. Although my previous console did get banned.

Just make sure you dont play your backups online before they hit the shops. :whistling:

iand68;3328383

Just make sure you dont play your backups online before they hit the … Just make sure you dont play your backups online before they hit the shops. :whistling:

Can they do that? alot of people get games early

No on gets banned for playing games early.
There is no law against playing games early.Some shops in fact DO sell early
or you could have bought an import.
MS even stated that quite a while ago.
We´ve been playin games early for 1.5 years now and never got banned during that time.
We did get banned once in may 07 but that was before ixtreme was out and before all games were properly stealth patched.

Titchimp;3328403

Can they do that? alot of people get games early

google :whistling:

Original Poster

and if i wanna go on live do i have to burn games different? how do u burn games? when u download them they are in a winrar format? do i just use power iso and thats it? dor do u need special software?

MarzBarz;3328225

u need to burn at 2.4x speed , check out Aone discs at ebuyer 20 for … u need to burn at 2.4x speed , check out Aone discs at ebuyer 20 for £10ish do the job.once downloaded u do no need to do nefing if u arnt going on live.

Once again. Google.
Check out xboxscene and /or xboxhacker
They have tutorials for everything

souljacker;3328566

google :whistling:

http://www.paulspond.com/journalimages/owned/owned4.jpg

Unrar the zipped image. If you have 2 images, an .iso and a .dvd file you are good to go. Use an iso burning app that you can set the burn speed to 2.4x and select the .dvd file as the one to burn.

If you don't have a .dvd file you need to set the 'layerbreak' of the image before you burn it. This is really easy in an app like imgburn. The value you need is 1913760..

As everyone is saying, use google to find out exactly how to do this..

but if you use 1 console to play copied games and 1 unmodded console to play the same games on live with no risk of getting banned, why not just buy the games anyway? im confused
the only way to not get banned is to buy the games. they arent that expensive nowadays anyway, all youve got to do is stealth trade. buy cheap games with high trade in to get big discounts!

Original Poster

I didnt say i will play the same games online

TanyaSpace;3328421

No on gets banned for playing games early.There is no law against playing … No on gets banned for playing games early.There is no law against playing games early.Some shops in fact DO sell earlyor you could have bought an import.MS even stated that quite a while ago.We´ve been playin games early for 1.5 years now and never got banned during that time.We did get banned once in may 07 but that was before ixtreme was out and before all games were properly stealth patched.

I suppose I'm being over cautious. Take GOW2.. This was on the newsgroups 2 to 3 weeks before hitting the shops anywhere in the world (so imports are out of the question). I just worry that when you get an achievement it records the date of that achievement and may start bells ringing if M$ was to get fussy again.

yes, cheapest option would be to ride the tightrope playing all the downloaded games on live, untill you get banned, if you dont, then you have saved more money than most, when you do, just buy another console for live for which any online games you want to play you will have to buy, but all the ones you will never play online or just cant afford, you can still play on the banned one.

It is becoming harder and harder to find newish 360's that can be modded, and they of course go for a premium.

But any 360 that is not banned will tide you over till it does, HDMI isnt the be all and end all as you can get (not quite as crisp) full HD from a component cable or VGA cable. Trouble is when the old one RROD's and it's more likely to than not. Hence why people are trying to get the newest falcons etc in hope that it doesnt break on them.

iand68;3328830

I suppose I'm being over cautious. Take GOW2.. This was on the … I suppose I'm being over cautious. Take GOW2.. This was on the newsgroups 2 to 3 weeks before hitting the shops anywhere in the world (so imports are out of the question). I just worry that when you get an achievement it records the date of that achievement and may start bells ringing if M$ was to get fussy again.

Well, there is a difference IMO between playin an early RETAIL release
and playing a REVIEW copy
I personally don´t play review copies at all (not that there are many around anyway, was only a scare lately cuz one group released 2 or 3 of them)
But normal retail games go in the console as soon as they´re out

does anyone here flash drives ? if so how much ?

want my 360 doing but dont really want to chance it myself !

xb0x guru, fwibble.

but dont worry ull get pms soon enuff lol

MarzBarz;3329501

xb0x guru, fwibble.but dont worry ull get pms soon enuff lol

cheers

i mite drop them an email, you know how much they charge ?

no idea sorry

What software do you guys use to create a back-up ISO of a retail game?

Abvance;3329792

What software do you guys use to create a back-up ISO of a retail game?

You only need one program and it does it all:

Xbox backup creator

But you need a kreon DVD drive 15 quid on eBay or use your 360 drive if you can get it to show up in windows

360 games don't show up in winows properly unless you use a kreon drive to read the disc, or a 360 drive but that's even harder

DudeyGeeza;3330140

You only need one program and it does it all:Xbox backup creator But you … You only need one program and it does it all:Xbox backup creator But you need a kreon DVD drive 15 quid on eBay or use your 360 drive if you can get it to show up in windows

Better off downloading it from elsewhere then? :whistling:

Abvance;3330855

Better off downloading it from elsewhere then? :whistling:

you can get it from xboxscene.com

Been reading up on this, is a poineer burner nescessary? and you need PCI SATA card thing, use only Verbatum DVDs. Sounds like a lot of work!

You need to read a bit more :).

Just for the record I flashed my Hitachi 78 using the native SATA interface (Intel chipset) on a Dell desktop and burn "backups" using an OEM NEC burner, verbs.

Nowt special and working fine. YMMV

Original Poster

can any dvd dual layer burner do it? u dont have to get a specific one do u? i read any player is fine as long as it burns dual layer

Do the blank DVDs have to be dual layer too?

portchy;3332599

can any dvd dual layer burner do it? u dont have to get a specific one do … can any dvd dual layer burner do it? u dont have to get a specific one do u? i read any player is fine as long as it burns dual layer

The recommended dvd burner when I started backing up games a year or so ago was the pioneer 111d.

Abvance;3336267

Do the blank DVDs have to be dual layer too?

Yes, verbatim dl's are highly recommended.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed439
    2. Switch from BT to BT same property different person48
    3. printing pictures33
    4. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch45

See more discussions