Groups

Xbox 360 Media Centre Connection help

Hi, struggling to connect a pc to an xbox 360, other pcs in the house are capable of finding the 360 except the one i need to.

PC is running Microsoft XP Media Centre service pack 2, PC is wireless and 360 is connected via ethernet.

I think its the pc's firewall rather than the router. Tried following the brief guide on xbox.com... but it confused me, picture guide would be good, or maybe a pop up book

thanks in advance

2 Comments

Well, try this, disconnect from the internet first, just in case.
    Turn off the firewall.
    Try to connect the computer and the 360. If it works then you'll know that the problem lies within the firewall.
    Sounds basic but it's good to know exactly that the problem is.

Original Poster

Magic_monkey;1934929

Well, try this, disconnect from the internet first, just in case.Turn off … Well, try this, disconnect from the internet first, just in case.Turn off the firewall.Try to connect the computer and the 360. If it works then you'll know that the problem lies within the firewall.Sounds basic but it's good to know exactly that the problem is.

heh, trying to open microsoft ports first as there are cables all over (outside windows), thanks for the suggestion.

will report back in a short while
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions