Groups

Xbox 360 Music Player

Why Is it so !*>#

12 Comments

Original Poster

No equaliser

No digital Gain + or - (I would love a - as the optical out is terrible and db is set too high)

The actual music player is so dated no features and poorly written no fast forward or rewind M$ are terrible at listening to end users dunno how many times I have emailed support to tell em their music system optical out stinks and has bugs to be told it is beyond the scope of the email service and please phone 0800 xx xx xx which I do. I tell them the problems and they say it goes to technical department level X but I know that has to be lies and really they pass on note to cleaners who bin them otherwise 2 years on the system would have been updated to something of use. The xbox sound was lots better and did live 5.1 live encoding of soundtracks as well on a Celeron cpu so htf can a 3 core power cpu not do it LOL.

f u company m$

I think I'm beginning to see the problem here.

See, the XBox 360 is a GAMES CONSOLE. My microwave is cr*p for playing games on.

My iPod plays movies but I'm not sure that complaining to Apple that it doesn't match up to a HD TV for picture quality would cut any ice.

yeah, at the end of the day an xbox is there to play games on, its not really a music player.. if it was.. where are the tape decks and radio??

just buy a stero m8

lol the original xbox was "just a games console"

xbmc anyone?
    that has to be the best media software i have ever used!

The 360 could easily have a great music player but the thing is M$ love to keep their options open for squeezing more money out of you from premium DLC and add-on's later down the line.

In fact they are probably saving extra features like this to make the xbox 720 look better,
    M$ don't like to keep all their eggs in one basket if the past is anything to go by..........

phatboy123;4566419

lol the original xbox was "just a games console" xbmc anyone? that has to … lol the original xbox was "just a games console" xbmc anyone? that has to be the best media software i have ever used!

Agreed, but that's because Microsoft were happy to allow developers to access the XBox architecture almost as open source. With the 360 they decided not to allow that ... and frankly, it's their product so it's their decision. While it's frustrating that the 360 can't be used as flexibly as the older XBox, you have to allow that Microsoft have the right to do as they wish with their product.

On another note, frankly the 360 would be less suitable as a media centre because it's so damned noisy. When I sit near mine for playing games, it's like sitting in a bloody jet aircraft. The old XBox whispers by comparison. I use my XBox exclusively as a media centre and love it to bits.

Afterburner;4566622

Agreed, but that's because Microsoft were happy to allow developers to … Agreed, but that's because Microsoft were happy to allow developers to access the XBox architecture almost as open source. With the 360 they decided not to allow that ... and frankly, it's their product so it's their decision. While it's frustrating that the 360 can't be used as flexibly as the older XBox, you have to allow that Microsoft have the right to do as they wish with their product. On another note, frankly the 360 would be less suitable as a media centre because it's so damned noisy. When I sit near mine for playing games, it's like sitting in a bloody jet aircraft. The old XBox whispers by comparison. I use my XBox exclusively as a media centre and love it to bits.

I hear you :thumbsup:

also i have fitted my xbmc machine with a "silent" type pc fan off ebay and it now makes no noise whatsoever.

I bet you that the next "box" will be wayy more media orientated and the graphics will be only tweaked so people can justify spending money on yet another next gen console.

but hey,
    that's just my 2p worth

Banned

Shock horror I bet the next xbox will have an internet browser :w00t: too

lumoruk;4566789

Shock horror I bet the next xbox will have an internet browser :w00t: too

omg seriously?

hopefully its better than the piece of s**t rushed excuse for browser the current model
    has........

shock horror indeed :w00t:

Banned

phatboy123;4566876

omg seriously?hopefully its better than the piece of s**t rushed excuse … omg seriously?hopefully its better than the piece of s**t rushed excuse for browser the current model has........

hu what how do get the rushed piece of **** browser then?

k, just seen it not worth mentioning :roll:

lumoruk;4566893

hu what how do get the rushed piece of **** browser then?

lol wut?

Original Poster

Afterburner;4566204

I think I'm beginning to see the problem here. See, the XBox 360 is a … I think I'm beginning to see the problem here. See, the XBox 360 is a GAMES CONSOLE. My microwave is cr*p for playing games on. My iPod plays movies but I'm not sure that complaining to Apple that it doesn't match up to a HD TV for picture quality would cut any ice.

plank you are not even funny ;-)

I'm really :oops: for you

Original Poster

Tanchi;4566293

yeah, at the end of the day an xbox is there to play games on, its not … yeah, at the end of the day an xbox is there to play games on, its not really a music player.. if it was.. where are the tape decks and radio??just buy a stero m8

live in the real world and move with the times it's the 21st century.

The old xbox was fantastic a media player It was even rumoured that Bill's xbox had a hacked dash running XBMP and yet they still made the 360 the way it is is laughable and unbelievable to say the least

XBMP and what it is now know as XBMC were amazing that aside the way the xbox handled audio from official side as in soundtracks in game like burnout revenge is a lot better than how it is done via 360 and the same game, far too much bass and no control on it on certain systems.

So because of the custom soundtracks option it is relevant to the music system or lack of it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      2. Virgin Media TV56
      3. Tooth extraction99
      4. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?611

See more discussions