Xbox 360 - Noisy PSU?

Found 16th Oct 2017
Just picked up a pre-owned 360 Slim 250GB. It has a separate power block and it makes a loud noise like there's a fan inside it. Is this normal?

You can hear it really clearly it's that loud.

Never had an Xbox so I don't know. Thanks.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments

No, XBox 360 power bricks are normally silent.
Google suggests several people have had noisy bricks and there is a fan inside that can be cleaned/changed.
I guess that may be why it looked a bargain.
As you were buying from Facebook, did you not check it was working before handing over the cash?

Original Poster

Ar460rn21 m ago

No, XBox 360 power bricks are normally silent.Google suggests several …No, XBox 360 power bricks are normally silent.Google suggests several people have had noisy bricks and there is a fan inside that can be cleaned/changed.I guess that may be why it looked a bargain.As you were buying from Facebook, did you not check it was working before handing over the cash?

I never said Facebook? But it was Gumtree. It was cheap so I bought it on a trust basis.

There are lots of people online saying they had noisy ones too and that this was normal. So I'm a little unsure?

Get a can of compressed air from poundland and give it a squirt inside to try and remove any dust etc.

Original Poster

MIDURIX9 m ago

Get a can of compressed air from poundland and give it a squirt inside to …Get a can of compressed air from poundland and give it a squirt inside to try and remove any dust etc.

I might unscrew it and blow air into the fan directly. See if that helps

Wil be full of dust. Common with consoles. My ps4 fan was wild to the point i couldnt hear the bloody tv. Traded it to game for the slim ps4 deal they had on here

Original Poster

123batman3213 m ago

Wil be full of dust. Common with consoles. My ps4 fan was wild to the …Wil be full of dust. Common with consoles. My ps4 fan was wild to the point i couldnt hear the bloody tv. Traded it to game for the slim ps4 deal they had on here

This isn't the console though, it's the separate power supply.

superfreddy3 m ago

This isn't the console though, it's the separate power supply.

I know mate but previous poster mentioned theres a fan inside it. Depending how cheap u got it might be worth getting new power supply.

superfreddy2 h, 34 m ago

I never said Facebook? But it was Gumtree. It was cheap so I bought it on …I never said Facebook? But it was Gumtree. It was cheap so I bought it on a trust basis. There are lots of people online saying they had noisy ones too and that this was normal. So I'm a little unsure?

You posted the the other day about Facebook.
Buying one from someone on facebook for £30 with a few games. 250GB. They say the console isn't banned from xbox live.

Anything else I should check? Seems too good to be true.

Original Poster

Anyone else find this issue?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions