XBox 360 - Online Access for XBox Live etc

This may seem a strange question to some and I think I know but do I have to have the Wirelss Adaptor to connect to XBox live etc on the 360. 360 is downstairs and Internet is uptairs so would have to be a wireless connection.

Cheers

PS - If so, how much are they, where's the cheapest to get one, anyone have one for good price to sell, that works of course.

5 Comments

You can use a long network cable, or homeplugs or a gaming bridge. If you already have a wireless router then the wireles adaptor is a neat solution (just plugs into the back of the xbox) and gaming bridge and network cable would be cheaper, homeplugs probably cost more than the adaptor ( you need two)

or get yourself a roll of cat5 a couple of boxes and network points and install it properly and pretty cheaply

leemole101;4390600

or get yourself a roll of cat5 a couple of boxes and network points and … or get yourself a roll of cat5 a couple of boxes and network points and install it properly and pretty cheaply

+1 :thumbsup:

can you not just plug an Ethernet cable from your xbox into a computer or laptop then use the wireless connection on there by bridging the local area connection and the wireless connection?
hope this works

EDIT: you can simply plug the network cable into the back of the pc/laptop and then enable internet connection sharing. much easier than bridging, its what i use

you can plug it into the back of your PC if its close enough - then make a bridge between the 2 connecitons. does mean you need the pc on when you want to access live though...

EDIT: DOH sorry - someone already said that.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764028
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213602
    3. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1413
    4. PS4 Beta Software Version 511

See more discussions