Groups
    EXPIRED

xbox 360 people-assistance required please

just received an xbox bought on here....never owned one before so no idea if this is normal or not....can someone have a look at the pictures and tell me if this is normal please.

has a piece of the top case come loose or is it nothing/normal?

thanks

25 Comments

Original Poster

images removed

Thats where the hard drive would sit

Original Poster

birdyboyuk;8695416

the hard drive is in there already

birdyboyuk;8695416

It's the bit next to where the hard drive sits

It shouldn't be like that, but if you unclip the hard drive I'd imagine it'll push back in.

its just popped out, should be able to bang it back in

Looks like it's been opened and they've not popped the top casing back on properly.

Got mine sitting in fromt of me and it doesnt look like that.

Can you pop it back in? lOOKS LIKE FRONT FACE NEEDS TO COME OFF (caps)

boothy;8695422

the hard drive is in there already

I took a guess as pic blocked at work, lol

Original Poster

midlandscomics;8695423

It's the bit next to where the hard drive sits :)It shouldn't be like … It's the bit next to where the hard drive sits :)It shouldn't be like that, but if you unclip the hard drive I'd imagine it'll push back in.

tried that and its solid....console seems to work ok(although buyer forgot to put controller in)

just wanted to make sure that it wasn't an indication that the console has been tampered with or on the way out

cannot bang it back in

boothy;8695453

tried that and its solid....console seems to work ok(although buyer … tried that and its solid....console seems to work ok(although buyer forgot to put controller in)just wanted to make sure that it wasn't an indication that the console has been tampered with or on the way outcan bang it back in

When I flashed my old premium many moons ago I remember unclipping that plastic bit at each end of the console to crack it open. It's tough but it will go back in with some persuasion. Best way to check if it has been tampered with is by checking the seal? I've owned a couple of 360s and they've never had this problem.

Original Poster

nickw90;8695468

When I flashed my old premium many moons ago I remember unclipping that … When I flashed my old premium many moons ago I remember unclipping that plastic bit at each end of the console to crack it open. It's tough but it will go back in with some persuasion. Best way to check if it has been tampered with is by checking the seal? I've owned a couple of 360s and they've never had this problem.

give me a clue please which seal and where?

Its meant to be like that its an elite and mine has a vent looking bit like that mate, dont worry.

boothy;8695478

Pull the faceplate off and just push it down and apply force, but make sure that the faceplate comes off.

Seal is under faceplate and is identified as a sticker with Microsoft on it.

:thumbsup:

boothy;8695478

Remove the face plate from the front of the console. There should be a seal to the left of the power switch.

nwressell;8695481

Its meant to be like that its an elite and mine has a vent looking bit … Its meant to be like that its an elite and mine has a vent looking bit like that mate, dont worry.

Don't think it is - my Elite or any I have ever seen don't look like that.

Agree with pop faceplate off and check for warranty seal.

the 2 elites in my house dont have that bit, whats the mfr date boothy? Maybe its a newer thing

Starr;8695557

the 2 elites in my house dont have that bit, whats the mfr date boothy? … the 2 elites in my house dont have that bit, whats the mfr date boothy? Maybe its a newer thing

Its a grill, its just popped up. Nothing more. Every xbox from 05 has grills there :thumbsup:

Just remove the face place, and push it back in.

It's the face plate that preventing you from putting it back in, once you have done this put the faceplate back on, and away you go.

Original Poster

ok it seems to have popped in ok when I took the face plate on and off...

can someone confirm this seal is ok please

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/5271/photofz.jpg

The seal is fine, microsoft will not bat a eye.

Original Poster

sven256;8695611

The seal is fine microsoft will not bat a eye.

Thanks

rep to as many as I can

boothy;8695599

ok it seems to have popped in ok when I took the face plate on and … ok it seems to have popped in ok when I took the face plate on and off...can someone confirm this seal is ok please

That seal looks totally genuine and fine, just lifted the grill when they've had the faceplate off.

thats a different seal to mine,when i had my xbox repaired by microsoft it CAME back with that type of seal on it

jamstaruk1972;8695658

thats a different seal to mine,when i had my xbox repaired by microsoft … thats a different seal to mine,when i had my xbox repaired by microsoft it CAME back with that type of seal on it

Your would of been a older type silver seal, those are the newer type.

jamstaruk1972;8695658

thats a different seal to mine,when i had my xbox repaired by microsoft … thats a different seal to mine,when i had my xbox repaired by microsoft it CAME back with that type of seal on it

It's different to the seal on my premium console from 2006. But I picked up another 360 from the Tesco deal a few months back, and the seal is identical to the one in the picture boothy posted. So I'd say it's not been opened, or been sent off for repair.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early44
      2. DashCam Recommendation With Front And Rear Camera Built In22
      3. £1500 55 inch 4K TV56
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??48

See more discussions