Found 7th Apr 2009
Does the Xbox 360 premium have HDMI or another way to hook it up to an HDTV for 720p (at the least)?

also would a premium + games (inc guitar hero) + 20gb HDD for £70 be a good deal? thats what im being offered..

13 Comments

Depending on date it was manufactured it would have a HDMI port to connect to your tv, also sounds like a good deal to me as it has games with it as well.

amcol;4854073

Depending on date it was manufactured it would have a HDMI port to … Depending on date it was manufactured it would have a HDMI port to connect to your tv, also sounds like a good deal to me as it has games with it as well.

+1

also if the xbox does not come with a HDMI out u can use the componet cables, they will deliver up to 1080i
or you can use a VGA cable

Original Poster

i think its less than a year old - would i be correct in saying if was bought after jan 07 it will have hdmi? (im looking at the article on wikipedia)

the games it comes with are:
GH world tour (with guitar)
crackdown
viv pinata
too human
fable 2
devil may cry 4
ninja gaiden 2
fable 1
overlord
kingdom underfire
dead or alive
assasins creed
halo 2
gears of war
phantasy star online

not sure which ones of those are any good..

also, anyone know if it can be modded to play backups?

That is a bargain i would snap their hands off for that, Jan 07 should have the HDMI port on it!!

£70?! omg, if u dont buy it.. i will!
I would say the games alone are worth £100 easy

it may not have hdmi, but either way its a pretty good deal.. take it!

Original Poster

sweet, guess i'll take them up on it!

will have to look into flashing it.. dont want to brick it though!

oldmanhouse;4854250

sweet, guess i'll take them up on it!will have to look into flashing it.. … sweet, guess i'll take them up on it!will have to look into flashing it.. dont want to brick it though!

Yes it can be flashed. Look around on the internet, you will find lots of people who will do it
ussaly will cost between £15 and £30

oldmanhouse;4854250

sweet, guess i'll take them up on it!will have to look into flashing it.. … sweet, guess i'll take them up on it!will have to look into flashing it.. dont want to brick it though!

i know someone that can do that for u.. pm me for details..

Original Poster

is it difficult to do it yourself?

im not a complete newbie when it comes to these things, im pretty confident in flashing SE mobiles. not exactly the same thing but if its not a particularly difficult process i could do it myself i reckon..

oldmanhouse;4854313

is it difficult to do it yourself?im not a complete newbie when it comes … is it difficult to do it yourself?im not a complete newbie when it comes to these things, im pretty confident in flashing SE mobiles. not exactly the same thing but if its not a particularly difficult process i could do it myself i reckon..

yep, loads of guides on the net for the first time flasher! lol

you wont need any special tools unless that one has been back to MS at some point and has been fitted with a Lite-on drive.

Otherwise all the other drives are easily flashable, you just need a VIA SATA card or an Nvidia SATA chipset for the drive to be seen in Dos or Windows.

Original Poster

my motherboard (MSI ms-7366) has a "Nvidia MCP73U/PV/V" chipset according to the manual so i'd imagine it'll be ok when hooked up to the drive.

There are some sceptics that think when you use the 360 to power the drive while it is plugged into your pc, the fact that the 360 is on it can detect a dvd drive being unplugged and log it to the nand chip which will get you banned from live.

Best to use a connectivity kit, they are about 10 for one that does all but liteon drives, or 23 for ones that do them all. The connectivity kit powers the drive without the use of the 360, you even get eject buttons to help you get the tray open and into vendor mode to flash it.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Android pay set up613
    2. arome therapy diffusers11
    3. How to remove bar at bottom of screen on ios 11.0.336
    4. Cannot upgrade to iOS 11.0.323

See more discussions