Groups

Xbox 360 problem

Banned
    Evening all.

My 360 has just given me the 3 red lights, turned it off and back on and it only works upto the point of playing a game. It eitther freezes or displays a fuzzy screen, but no longer shows 3 red lights.

I bought it (20gb) from Gamestation, pre owned about 3 or 4 months ago, and annoyingly cannot find the receipt.

Any ideas?

9 Comments

just send it to m$

Have you registered the console with Microsoft?

Original Poster Banned

Jefflan22;4719386

Have you registered the console with Microsoft?

nope, literally bought it and played it.

Phone (or go on the net) and let M$ know about it, just tell them it is the 3 red lights (as it DID happen) and get it sent back, unless it is under a year old and then ALL faults are covered by the warranty.
    Also, if you bought from Gamestation, maybe you could dig out the credit card/debit card statement (or ask in the bank for one) and GS should be able to track the transaction via their in store till system.

Mike..

Register it on xbox.com and then click the repair link and give the fault as 3 red lights. The repair is free (as long as the console is less than 3 years old. Whats the manufacture date??)

Original Poster Banned

Jefflan22;4719416

Register it on xbox.com and then click the repair link and give the fault … Register it on xbox.com and then click the repair link and give the fault as 3 red lights. The repair is free (as long as the console is less than 3 years old. Whats the manufacture date??)

11-11-2006

Free sounds good to me

Original Poster Banned

The MS site says that if it isnt showing 3 red lights when the receive it, they will send it back unrepaired?

Oh well, I'll give it a go, cheers all

Sorry bud, phone rang.
    Here is the link for support ]http//su…534

Original Poster Banned

Jefflan22;4719518

Sorry bud, phone rang.Here is the link for support … Sorry bud, phone rang.Here is the link for support ]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907534

thanks mate, just waiting for the MS email to send it back. Again, thanks for your help
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gaming PC Upgrade Help11
      2. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)44
      3. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER56
      4. Is it worth spending £20k on a car?1621

See more discussions