Found 5th Aug 2008
For about 3 months now, Ive had to restart my Xbox numerous amount of times because the ROM Drive would only play DVD's... So whenever I put in a game disc, It comes up with a white screen with "Please Instert this game into an Xbox 360 Console" in about 10 languages...

To get the Xbox to start, I have to either pull the lower out of the console and wait a few minutes or take the disc out and give the Xbox a good old whack...

Any help would be appreciated...

13 Comments

is it modded ? it sounds like when the consolewas updating, the update did not work properly?

Original Poster

Nope, not modded...

if its your dvd drive that is broken, they are easy to replace with the right tools

how old is the console, over a year old?

Original Poster

twinks;2679078

who is this mum or son lolIf it's mum, get son to sort it, if it's son … who is this mum or son lolIf it's mum, get son to sort it, if it's son get your mum to sort it, :whistling:seriously, cant you ring microsoft and get them to repair it, i thought they were really good like that?

Well, its not youngest son (The one who normally posts), its eldest son :thumbsup: (Its the first time ive posted :))

Apparently, Microsoft will only fix it if its a RROD problem, which at the moment, it isn't...

Original Poster

fwibble;2679098

how old is the console, over a year old?

Yeah, the date on the back of the disc tray is "Aug 2006"

oh dear a whole family addicted to HUKD's!!

you could try making the consol have RROD and microsoft will fix for free??

frollickingfrill;2679128

Yeah, the date on the back of the disc tray is "Aug 2006"

I meant how long ago was it purchased from the shop sorry, guessing over a year if its a 2006 model tho

Original Poster

allstar2;2679166

oh dear a whole family addicted to HUKD's!!you could try making the … oh dear a whole family addicted to HUKD's!!you could try making the consol have RROD and microsoft will fix for free??

i'm not addicted, younger brother is though:roll:

I'm trying to avoid it because it works, it just takes my fist to make it work, but if it RROD's, i wont be too bothered... apart from it will take about a month for them to fix it and send it back... WHAT WILL I DO FOR A MONTH BEFORE I START WORK?!?!:?

fwibble;2679173

I meant how long ago was it purchased from the shop sorry, guessing over … I meant how long ago was it purchased from the shop sorry, guessing over a year if its a 2006 model tho

Well I got it for Christmas 2 years ago...

frollickingfrill;2679221

i'm not addicted, younger brother is though:roll:I'm trying to avoid it … i'm not addicted, younger brother is though:roll:I'm trying to avoid it because it works, it just takes my fist to make it work, but if it RROD's, i wont be too bothered... apart from it will take about a month for them to fix it and send it back... WHAT WILL I DO FOR A MONTH BEFORE I START WORK?!?!:?Well I got it for Christmas 2 years ago...

turn around is a lot better recently 10-14days, and you get 1 month free live subscription

Original Poster

fwibble;2679257

turn around is a lot better recently 10-14days, and you get 1 month free … turn around is a lot better recently 10-14days, and you get 1 month free live subscription

Sorry, dont understand what youve just said :? :oops:

EDIT - Yeah sorry read it again... Well my mate just got his back after 1 and a half months!!! He got 3 months gold sub. though...

frollickingfrill;2679122

Well, its not youngest son (The one who normally posts), its eldest son … Well, its not youngest son (The one who normally posts), its eldest son :thumbsup: (Its the first time ive posted :))Apparently, Microsoft will only fix it if its a RROD problem, which at the moment, it isn't...

Mine had a problem where the DVD drive was broken, and wouldnt read disks properly. Irang the woman and cus it was out of warranty she said she couldnt take it back.

I waited a week, rang again and said it developed the RROD (Which it hadnt) and they sent me the details to get it repaired. Got it back 2 weeks later, with a letter to say the motherboard and DVD drive has been replaced. Great success!

Long story short. Lie. Tell them its a RROD and when they do the diagnostic they'll have to replace the drive as well if its actually broke :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Jo3l;2679316

Mine had a problem where the DVD drive was broken, and wouldnt read disks … Mine had a problem where the DVD drive was broken, and wouldnt read disks properly. Irang the woman and cus it was out of warranty she said she couldnt take it back.I waited a week, rang again and said it developed the RROD (Which it hadnt) and they sent me the details to get it repaired. Got it back 2 weeks later, with a letter to say the motherboard and DVD drive has been replaced. Great success!Long story short. Lie. Tell them its a RROD and when they do the diagnostic they'll have to replace the drive as well if its actually broke :thumbsup:

Hey... thanks, may have to try it if it gets any worse...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1122
    2. john2020md Joke Thread...911046
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming57
    4. Add one, leave one game54415446

See more discussions