Groups

Xbox 360 Problems - Video Related

Ive had my 360 for quite a while now running through a samsung LCD at 720P (this was one of the earlier LCDS which didnt do the full 1080P)

Ive now upgraded to a full 1080 set and have adjusted everything accordingly on the 360. I can see the picture is now considerably better but am taking massive performance hits in games at this resolution. In 720 games were running fine, but it full 1080 frame rates are all over the place (Call Of Duty 2 and 3 are two big culprits, and also Resident Evil 5, PGR4, Dead Rising etc)

Is this the norm, is 1080p supposed to come at such a cost performance wise? Id be interested to hear what anyone has to say, as i would like to rule out the possibility of me having a faulty 360 or display

6 Comments

Banned

i run at 1080p with no probs at all matey (ps i'm using a panny 42" plasma)

have you udjusted the htz on the tv if your able

To be honest, you be hard pushed to find any Xbox360 games that are 1080p native. 720p is the norm. Check on your gamebox covers.

Original Poster

what other problems could it be? Like i say some games are unaffected and seem to run the same. I admit to noticing the problem a lot more on older titles. And only resi 5 gives me the problem out my new games. Its hard to explain. In 720 the experience seems nice and smooth, but move it up to 1080p and its all over the place, the screen has horizontal lines going through it which seems to cut the picture in half momentarily etc

My best mate had the same issue with Resi 5, he said changing the setting to 720p sorted it out. Strange.. Not missing the PS3?

Original Poster

bailey2k4;5088895

My best mate had the same issue with Resi 5, he said changing the setting … My best mate had the same issue with Resi 5, he said changing the setting to 720p sorted it out. Strange.. Not missing the PS3?

Hell no! lol

The problem is that you are making the xbox upscale the image to 1080 from 720, that is making it use up more power and could possibly lead to more heat build up inside the 360.
    I was running mine at 1080 aswell, friend came over, made me switch it back to 720 (I am new to all this LCD TV stuff) and now it works a treat again
    try that, you prob wont miss much of the detail anyway, as it is only being upscaled.

Mike..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2470
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767383
      3. 5am gym crew20132
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1319

See more discussions