Groups

XBOX 360 question.

I have a 360, have had it for years but only ever used it for games. It has a 60GB HHD attached to it.
    Can I use it as a dvd player and can I watch high definition dvds on it?

I have honestly never considered it, and I know HD DVDs are obsolite now.
    Tthanks for the help guys.

13 Comments

no you need a HD DVD add on drive to play HD DVDs

Your 360 can play normal DVDs and is an upscaler (will show DVDs in a better deinition)

Banned

You can yes, you need to buy a HD dvd player for it though

amazon.co.uk/Xbo…QCE

btw, you can get them cheaper...just showing you what you need!

Original Poster

Cheers guys, So I can use it as a dvd player and if I buy the add on, waych HD dvd's. Might get one. I know abouut blue ray etc but HD dvds are going for a song these days. I knew you'd all know. Always behind the times with these things.

oplik;4689331

Cheers guys, So I can use it as a dvd player and if I buy the add on, … Cheers guys, So I can use it as a dvd player and if I buy the add on, waych HD dvd's. Might get one. I know abouut blue ray etc but HD dvds are going for a song these days. I knew you'd all know. Always behind the times with these things.

You will be able to watch HD DVD's only (or standard dvd'd upscaled but not in HD) you wont be able to play blu-rays) dont forget that HD DVD's are going to be obsolete soon as sony won the format war that is why the HD DVD players and discs are so cheap now,

Original Poster

clondikemike;4689420

You will be able to watch HD DVD's only (or standard dvd'd upscaled but … You will be able to watch HD DVD's only (or standard dvd'd upscaled but not in HD) you wont be able to play blu-rays) dont forget that HD DVD's are going to be obsolete soon as sony won the format war that is why the HD DVD players and discs are so cheap now,

so i can watch standard ones without the add on driver?

oplik;4689480

Yeah standard ones will work fine in the internal drive

Original Poster

thanks everyone.

oplik;4689480

Yes:-D

You can also watch normal DVDs on the HD player and it will upscale the quality slightly

and use the hd drive as a laser gun when ur done -----------------------)xx

Meadsy4742;4689799

You can also watch normal DVDs on the HD player and it will upscale the … You can also watch normal DVDs on the HD player and it will upscale the quality slightly

It wont upscale any more then the internal drive.

deathtrap3000;4690059

It wont upscale any more then the internal drive.

It does, using the internal DVD player its slightly grainy, using the HD player, its slightly better.

Meadsy4742;4691871

It does, using the internal DVD player its slightly grainy, using the HD … It does, using the internal DVD player its slightly grainy, using the HD player, its slightly better.

Of course it is...
    Also, up is down and left is right and im the king of the world.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3571349
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764603
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1868
      4. Any PS4 News Here29213646

See more discussions