Groups

Xbox 360 Question

I got the update last week for facebook etc but my brothers console in same house still hasnt been updated.

Is there any reason for this? COuld it be that his console is set to under 18 or something like that.

He was really looking forward to the update as well.

He cant remember his windows live email and password either, could i recover my gamertag download it then would he be able to access it?

Any help appreciated

12 Comments

There was no downloadable update anyway, the new features were just showing that day.
    If he´s under 18 he won´t have it showing on his tag
    as kids can´t use facebook, twitter etc.

You using your tag on his console won´t help as it´s his account that´s restricted.

Original Poster

TanyaSpace;6967222

There was no downloadable update anyway, the new features were just … There was no downloadable update anyway, the new features were just showing that day.If he´s under 18 he won´t have it showing on his tagas kids can´t use facebook, twitter etc.:)You using your tag on his console won´t help as it´s his account that´s restricted.

Sorry, your'e right. I remember i had to download them all seperately.

Is there anyway we can take the restrictions off? Surely there must be a way? Apart from losing his gamertag.

Thanks for your help so far

Original Poster

TanyaSpace;6967285

Here you … Here you gohttp://majornelson.com/archive/2007/11/30/child-account-graduation-and-changing-live-id-association.aspx:)

Thank you so much, left some rep :thumbsup:

I tried searching all round xbox.com didnt come up with anything.

Should of checked in with the major :roll:

Thanks

Hehe yep
    Don´t know if upgrading it to an adult account works if he´s under 18 still
    as the age is set on his windows LIVE ID.
    Hope it works!

but it looks like you could create a new windows live ID with the age set to over 18 and then transfer the gamertag to it

Original Poster

bruffterman;6967547

but it looks like you could create a new windows live ID with the age set … but it looks like you could create a new windows live ID with the age set to over 18 and then transfer the gamertag to it

Thats what im hoping, just looking into it now

Original Poster

bruffterman;6967547

but it looks like you could create a new windows live ID with the age set … but it looks like you could create a new windows live ID with the age set to over 18 and then transfer the gamertag to it

Do you reckon it can be transfered without knowing the previous email password?

hmm probably not no

If he does need the windows live password, then get his firends to look in their friend lists on MSN, if any of them ever added his old account as a friend it should be there somewhere. then you'll find out the address, after that you should be able to do the "forgot my password" thing. and get the account back.

I googled and people say changing the windows LIVE ID to a different one that has the age over 18
    won´t do the job.

then change it to one that has your 18th birthday tomorrow, then promote it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31140
      2. What do these 2 men have in common1218
      3. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…34
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio79

See more discussions