Groups

Xbox 360 Rant

Just been playing PES2008 and noticed it going all graphically "static" and glitchy, blue, red and white dots and shimmering etc

I'm assuming that means 3RRoD is on its way for the second time

I really hope everybody looking at the new £100ish price range puts that little bit extra and opts for a PS3 instead!

Rant finished - anybody else wanna slag of their Xbox 360 and its poor build quality?

16 Comments

Old ones are *****. Get a nice new one and live rrod free.

Ironically the ones now available at £100ish are better than the older ones you probably paid double or more for.

harlzter;3080606

Ironically the ones now available at £100ish are better than the older … Ironically the ones now available at £100ish are better than the older ones you probably paid double or more for.

£279.99 for 20gb on release day :-(

ctuk;3080614

thats what i paid for mine nearly 2 years ago now, had rrod once and it is slowly dying i think

Cluffy321;3080672

thats what i paid for mine nearly 2 years ago now, had rrod once and it … thats what i paid for mine nearly 2 years ago now, had rrod once and it is slowly dying i think

snap! although i got mine on release.

harlzter;3080606

Ironically the ones now available at £100ish are better than the older … Ironically the ones now available at £100ish are better than the older ones you probably paid double or more for.

Yeh lol, I never though of it like that before. I guess thats what we get for being guinea pigs.

Dunno, I've been lucky so far, my first 360 was on an average of 10 hours per day. Playing games online, offline, playing music and streaming videos from my PC. I had it 13 months before it packed in but it was the DVD drive that was knackered no RROD (lucky white heather on the 13 months eh!)

I punted the faulty one for almost £70 notes though and put it towards a new Arcade console package at £159.99.

Sold the extra controller for £20, the memory card for £15, the XBLA Games for £10, Cables & Adaptor for £10. So all in it only cost me £35 for a brand new HDMI 360 console box. I still average about 10 hours a day of use with it and I've had it 5 months now and its still going strong and quiet as ever.

I then bought the 120Gb kit for £70. Sold the migration cable for £25 and the 20Gb for £30. Upgrade to 120Gb net cost was £15. Jobs a good'un and works fine.

I read reports somewhere that MS done the design of the chipboards in-house and didnt consult some industry leading board design consultants which resulted in the poor build quality of the initial boxes.

But they have a great strategy, throw the carp out there asap and capture the market before anyone else, firmly established, what do you do if you've bought a product that later goes faulty? you stick with it and get it repaired for free....so they still get there money! Outstanding.

Anyways, I'll be sticking with my 360. Its took me a while to get everything I need for it and configure it to stream wirelessly with my PC for Music and Videos. I'm happy with the games I play on it and it fits my needs perfectly.

i would say that pes08 is just ****. fifa has no such gliches or anything

Im after buying a cheap xbox360.

Cheap = £80

I have been offered a Premium for £100 but cant afford the rest - Gah.

Btw - How much does 20GB hard drive tend to sell for - £30?

You can get a 20gb hard drive at comet at the mo for £19.99

ctuk;3080614

£209.99 for the 360 core -with a wired controller and nothing else

Wheras now you get an arcade for £130 with a wireless - hdmi - memory card and some games

dandoc2;3081392

£209.99 for the 360 core -with a wired controller and nothing else … £209.99 for the 360 core -with a wired controller and nothing else Wheras now you get an arcade for £130 with a wireless - hdmi - memory card and some games

That was about 3 years ago though

hey guys... sorry if this the wrong place to ask this Q but I am looking to buy an xbox after the recent price cuts... I already have an external hard drive 80GB in capacity which I normally use with my laptop. Would this work with the box if I buy an arcade.Or would I need to buy a specific HD for the console. Sorry if I sound naive... :prop:

Specific 360 drive, 20gb or 120gb.

I paid just short of £200 for my 360 pro (premium) bundled with one game - subsequently broke (rrod), repaired and sent back (same console) working fine ever since, launch m/b.

vengod;3081222

Im after buying a cheap xbox360. Cheap = £80 I have been offered a … Im after buying a cheap xbox360. Cheap = £80 I have been offered a Premium for £100 but cant afford the rest - Gah. Btw - How much does 20GB hard drive tend to sell for - £30?

hi i have premium with hdmi no cables controller etc

i bought my first for £339.99 with 2 controllers 4 games.
    just bought arcade with star wars £129 and sold game for £29 so £100 for new console
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does anyone have a Xbox gold trial code33
      2. Furniture Sliders22
      3. Argos 3 for 2 reserving early11
      4. SCS add ons... are they worth it??22

See more discussions