Groups

Xbox 360 RROD

Hi, bought FIFA 10 in the deal from Tescos yesterday, put it on last night and , for first time ever, i got the RROD!!! Luckily still inside the 3 year warranty by 2 weeks!! I've got the details sorted for sending back to Microsoft and just wondered if they repair my Xbox or send out a replacement? Very tempted with these PS3 deals now!! Thanks

20 Comments

They'll repair it unless its totally goosed, then they'd replace it.

nightmare!!!!!!we had it twice and both times they repaired...i think its UPS are the carriers and they are fast ...it took about 2 weeks both times...they also give points/live membership as a "sorry" ...if they cant fix they replace..

When we sent ours back we recieved a repaired x-box but not our original one.
    We had sent back a core system and recieved a premiem back with a hard drive attached!

Original Poster

Cheers. I've put it on again now and it's working!! It did that last night but the RROD happened again, i hope it shows up when they get it! I've had it nearly 3 years but hardly used it so never had a problem before. What will happen if they turn it on and it doesn't show the RROD? Thanks

My 18 month old 360 went RROD about 6 weeks ago. It took 12 days for them to repair it (the same console came back) where they said they replaced the motherboard and the DVD drive(?!) which I didn't think was faulty. I dropped it off at UPS but couldn't believe the tracking on the way back - my 360 went on a European tour:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/numbnutz/images/BF2/UOS.jpg

I had been hoping that the new DVD drive would make the 360 quieter. Lol. It's still noisier than my wife when I've not done the washing / picked up my pants / cleaned the kitchen to her standards.

Q-Tec;6467894

My 18 month old 360 went RROD about 6 weeks ago. It took 12 days for them … My 18 month old 360 went RROD about 6 weeks ago. It took 12 days for them to repair it (the same console came back) where they said they replaced the motherboard and the DVD drive(?!) which I didn't think was faulty. I dropped it off at UPS but couldn't believe the tracking on the way back - my 360 went on a European tour:I had been hoping that the new DVD drive would make the 360 quieter. Lol. It's still noisier than my wife when I've not done the washing / picked up my pants / cleaned the kitchen to her standards.

lol, repped.

Original Poster

Thanks for your help everyone

They may send you back some other refurbed machine, which makes me angry !

my xbox is currently away for repair now. Was sent last monday (28th sept), and iirc, its on its way back so should receive in the next couple days..

Hoping for a replacement/new one like, as, once it goes outta warranty for RROD again, i wont get it replaced.

2007-07-12 was was manfc date so is that July 2010 meaning I've got another 9 months if it happens again - not sure what type of motherboard it is, but hoping I get a Jasper replacement/new

Original Poster

Disco;6468105

my xbox is currently away for repair now. Was sent last monday (28th … my xbox is currently away for repair now. Was sent last monday (28th sept), and iirc, its on its way back so should receive in the next couple days..Hoping for a replacement/new one like, as, once it goes outta warranty for RROD again, i wont get it replaced.2007-07-12 was was manfc date so is that July 2010 meaning I've got another 9 months if it happens again - not sure what type of motherboard it is, but hoping I get a Jasper replacement/new

My mfr date was 2006-10-20 so lucky it went when it did for me in a way. I think i saw something on the Microsoft website that said you get 12 months warranty on the repaired unit......not 100% sure though

In actual fact a product is under warranty for 6 years but after 12 months the onus is on the owner of the product to prove that it has a design flaw causing it to break. Considering Microsoft openly admit the rrod as being a design fla you should have no trouble getting one fixed for 6 years. I certainly wont be taking no for an answer if mine breaks before 2014

Sometimes you can get a RROD from overheating! Make sure there is plenty of room around the console in order to allow airflow to cool the machine!

iNSOMANiAC;6468050

They may send you back some other refurbed machine, which makes me angry !

+1

You usually get a refurb machine with a letter stating "In order to have a quick turn around we have sent you a refurb and also a free 1 month gold live card for the inconvenience"

Or something along those lines.

Wasn't too happy with the replacement I got, It wasn't in as good condition as the one we sent, However at least it works and got it back sooner than I'd expected.

You can always send the replacement back if it's not to your liking, Not that you'd want to obviously.

NeilGY;6468174

My mfr date was 2006-10-20 so lucky it went when it did for me in a way. … My mfr date was 2006-10-20 so lucky it went when it did for me in a way. I think i saw something on the Microsoft website that said you get 12 months warranty on the repaired unit......not 100% sure though

i think its just another 3 months on top of your original date, but dont quote on that

Disco;6468219

i think its just another 3 months on top of your original date, but dont … i think its just another 3 months on top of your original date, but dont quote on that

Its 3 months from when yo uget it

Met-Cast;6468241

Its 3 months from when yo uget it

but surely my original 3 year date (july 2010) is later then the 3 month date they send back (ie: 3 months from say next week) so i'm losting 8 months of warranty?

Mine went away took 3 days I think to come back with a replacement box.

I got my own xbox back rather than a replacement took about 7 days............they also replaced the dvd drive which was working fine :thinking:

Disco;6468263

but surely my original 3 year date (july 2010) is later then the 3 month … but surely my original 3 year date (july 2010) is later then the 3 month date they send back (ie: 3 months from say next week) so i'm losting 8 months of warranty?

No you don't lose any warranty. The 3 month is warranty on the whole system/ any defect no matter what it is.. After that you still have the rest of your original 3 years :-)

was sent last monday, returned today, so not bad all in all.. except, the slot where you put the charge pack usb cable wont close now! :x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846166
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764206
      3. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio44
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31136

See more discussions