Groups

xbox 360 rrod question

hi people tried to fix my xbox today, cleaned the cpu and gpu, shines now
    put thermal paste on all 3 thin layer
    then put the heatsinks on, screwed them up not to much.
    waited about 1hr took to bros to use is power supply and

flash 4 red lights few sec
    then 3 why?

what have i done wrong?

any advice? thanks

15 Comments

Banned

trying to fix it in the first place. Just buy a new one

you do the hybrid fix? works great

Original Poster

hybrid? whats that?
    the thermal paste fix no good then?

You replaced the X clamp with new bolts and washers?

Do you have the AV cable plugged in?

If not plug it in, have the top of the case off and rest the fan over the DVD drive and the visible heatsink so that it's cooling that heat sink. Turn it on for half hour, if you get three red lights that's good, just leave it alone.

After 30 minutes turn it off, leave it for 15 minutes to cool and then put the fans and fan shroud back and test it again.

Original Poster

no x clamp
    watch youtube vid and did it like that
    4 lights then 3
    pluged just power cable in but didnt do it as soon as i put paste on, about 1hr later does that matter?

hi people tried to fix my xbox today, cleaned the cpu and gpu, shines now
    put thermal paste on all 3 thin layer
    then put the heatsinks on, screwed them up not to much.
    waited about 1hr took to bros to use is power supply and

flash 4 red lights few sec
    then 3 why?

what have i done wrong?

any advice? thanks

You bought an Xbox...Glad I could help.

sme24185;8232576

no x clampwatch youtube vid and did it like that4 lights then 3pluged … no x clampwatch youtube vid and did it like that4 lights then 3pluged just power cable in but didnt do it as soon as i put paste on, about 1hr later does that matter?

No it doesn't matter how long you leave it after applying the paste, follow these steps and it's more than likely to fix it.

Plug in AV and Mains cable
    Remove fan shroud and rest fan half over DVD drive and half over the visible heatsink
    Tur console on, it may work but you'll likely get 3 red lights. Leave for 30 minutes.
    Turn off, leave for 15 minutes to cool
    Put everything back together normally and test

Make sure the AV Cable is plugged in :thumbsup:

Original Poster

lol....

Original Poster

ok ill try it again so keep it on for 30min with 3red lights flashing then turn it off

sme24185;8232632

ok ill try it again so keep it on for 30min with 3red lights flashing … ok ill try it again so keep it on for 30min with 3red lights flashing then turn it off

Yes mate, it may get a bit noisy but that's OK, even if it works fine just leave it for 30 minutes anyway :thumbsup:

Good luck! I'm just downloading Splinter Cell Conviction demo. I'll tell ya what it's like!

anyone else tried the hybrid fix working a treat for me

jamstaruk1972;8232725

anyone else tried the hybrid fix working a treat for me

I've not, it doesn't look like it is worth the extra effort. I find the normal fix very reliable.

If my jtag'd console got it I may look into it more but probably not.

RedIron;8232775

I've not, it doesn't look like it is worth the extra effort. I find the … I've not, it doesn't look like it is worth the extra effort. I find the normal fix very reliable. If my jtag'd console got it I may look into it more but probably not.

not that much more hassle
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …277962
      2. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1434
      3. Your dream gaming set up?2658
      4. word association Game72944191

See more discussions