Groups
    EXPIRED

Xbox 360 s harddrive

I need a hard drive for my 4gb slim. What's the best option and how much and where.

And do i need xbox live subscription? I'm a casual gamer.

Thanks in advance!

6 Comments

just get a pen drive 16gb are about £12 i got one the other day work fine,,unless you are putting loads of games to hard drive..if so ebay have got usb portable drives for 160 gb £25 ish just plug in no mains runs off xbox..

sky787

unless you are putting loads of games to hard drive..if so ebay have got … unless you are putting loads of games to hard drive..if so ebay have got usb portable drives for 160 gb £25 ish just plug in no mains runs off xbox..

You can't put xbox games on those drives, only media files, the 360 won't save to it.

You could do a few things for a harddrive for it:
    1)Wait for the 250gb official drive to get a good deal on it (or just pay the £80ish asking price)
    2)Buy an official drive meant for older 360's and remove it from the casing and slot it in (or buy a slim harddrive casing from somewhere), size doesn't really matter doing this as long as its an official drive
    3)Make one yourself buying one of the set types of western digital scorpio drives (would need to check a list) and following a guide online, etc, quite technical path to do but could work out cheapest of all around £30ish

For 2 and 3 there are videos on youtube for them.
    Edited by: "EchoRise" 20th Dec 2010

EchoRise

You could do a few things for a harddrive for it:1)Wait for the 250gb … You could do a few things for a harddrive for it:1)Wait for the 250gb official drive to get a good deal on it (or just pay the £80ish asking price)2).

Currently £69.97 from Amazon or £66.99 from a market place seller

Edited by: "Speculator" 20th Dec 2010

There are many guides on youtube on how to fit the OLD 360 HDD to a new 360 SLIM.

You basically take it out of the case

And for the XBox Live you can sign up when making your profile or on the main menu afterwards. Handy for keeping track of your achievements and downloading your profile on someone else's XBox. I would reccomment using a usb stick to store your save files and profile which makes things easier when playing at a friends, for example.

You will need to pay for the Gold subsription should you wish to play online and make use of the service.

xbox 360 allows the install to USB pen, of games, but only supports a max of 16gb per port, about 14.4 formatted

still enough to install a game or two though
    Edited by: "DudeyGeeza" 21st Dec 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions