Groups
    EXPIRED

Xbox 360 Slim Hard Drive

Hi I brought the 4 gb a while back and really want the hard drive now.

Any one know of a really good cheap website that is not one from made in china...

Cheers.

8 Comments

You could buy this 2.5" Western Digital HD and hack it using this guide. I did it last August and it was much easier than I thought it would be. The guide is very comprehensive yet equally simple to follow. I've been on XBL lots of times (before and after the recent dashboard update) and have had no problems whatsoever.

Alternatively, you can buy a phat XBOX HD and de-case it (there's guides on Youtube how to do that). I chose former option because I like to tinker with things.

buy a 16gb USB stick instead! Cheaper and easier to use

Microsoft don't do an add on official hard drive for the slim model, you will have to decase one from the earlier model.

konkywonky

Microsoft don't do an add on official hard drive for the slim model, you … Microsoft don't do an add on official hard drive for the slim model, you will have to decase one from the earlier model.

Yes they do.

Ipswich772

Yes they do.

yes they do i have one it wasnt cheap looked for a good deal for ages but ended up paying £70 at blockbuster it is best to get official due to warrenty etc

dcx_badass

Official ones have a 12 month warranty, unofficial ones have a 3 year … Official ones have a 12 month warranty, unofficial ones have a 3 year warranty, your comment makes no sense.

ok sorry i worded the comment badly as i understand it microsoft will not carry out warranty work on the xbox if an unofficial harddrive has been added

you can but not everyone has the same knowledge as you when it comes to things like this so was just trying to give some useful advice

Original Poster

Cheers all I will look into this a bit more not sure of mod the whole thing, knowing me the whole thing will go bust.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions