Xbox 360 Slim Power Brick - Red light issue (alternative fix)

Found 18th Apr 2015
The kids Xbox 360 Slim Power Brick keeps coming up with the red light issue where the 360 won't turn on. I looked online and tried to bend the pins to hopefully fix this problem but it keeps coming back.

The power brick is a 120W version (i think) we've also got a phat 360 with a 150W power brick that is hardly used anymore so was consdering getting one these adapters:

ebay.co.uk/itm…f7b

Has anyone ever used one? I was also considering buying a used Phat power brick (and adapter stated above) to use full time with the slim as i never had any of these Red Light Issues with the old style power brick when that was used for over 3 years, or am i wrong and these also suffer the same problem?

Cheers for any advice pointers

6 Comments

Original Poster

Type your comment here...http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTAwMFgxMDAw/z/emMAAOSwYshUab-c/$_57.JPG

adapters been perfect for me over last 2yrs plus. used on my 360 phat and slim rgh on same brick.

I've had one for nearly 3 years and had no issues with it, contacted xbox and was told to buy a new brick at over £60 so saved a lot of money

Original Poster

evolution07

adapters been perfect for me over last 2yrs plus. used on my 360 phat and … adapters been perfect for me over last 2yrs plus. used on my 360 phat and slim rgh on same brick.

bluedan87

I've had one for nearly 3 years and had no issues with it, contacted xbox … I've had one for nearly 3 years and had no issues with it, contacted xbox and was told to buy a new brick at over £60 so saved a lot of money

Cheers to you both.....An adapter it is then.

Does it matter if the Wattage on the brick is different as long as its not lower than what the Xbox needs?

i.e Using an old style 150W brick with a 120W Xbox 360 slim

evolution07

adapters been perfect for me over last 2yrs plus. used on my 360 phat … adapters been perfect for me over last 2yrs plus. used on my 360 phat and slim rgh on same brick.

bluedan87

I've had one for nearly 3 years and had no issues with it, contacted … I've had one for nearly 3 years and had no issues with it, contacted xbox and was told to buy a new brick at over £60 so saved a lot of money

It will be fine.

Original Poster

joshm

It will be fine.

Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions