Xbox 360 Slow WiFi Downloads

Posted 24th Mar
Just picked up a preowned Xbox 360 but download speeds are awful.

Getting 3mb down, 16mb.

My connection is a solid 65mb on WiFi so I'm not sure why the 360 is struggling? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
They announced before I think they slowing download speeds on ps and Xbox as it’s seems to be getting hammered
Mellor24/03/2020 17:56

They announced before I think they slowing download speeds on ps and Xbox …They announced before I think they slowing download speeds on ps and Xbox as it’s seems to be getting hammered

This is just downloading a game from Xbox Live though. Do you think that's why the download speeds are slow? It's an Xbox 360 don't forget. I am doing a speed test via the console and getting the 3mb speed, so I'm not sure a speed test would be impacted?
Edited by: "Robloxian" 24th Mar
Think Xbox same server throughout and PlayStation the same. Think it said before they making it slower for everyone to get on and play games and download so expect a drop in speed while this throughout with the lockdowns is happening
Mellor24/03/2020 17:59

Think Xbox same server throughout and PlayStation the same. Think it said …Think Xbox same server throughout and PlayStation the same. Think it said before they making it slower for everyone to get on and play games and download so expect a drop in speed while this throughout with the lockdowns is happening

Hmm, I don't think a speed test via the console would be effected though?
It could be affected as it going off speeds of a server ain’t it maybe I’m wrong I’m just going off what I’ve read online with them saying they just making servers bit slower for people to get online. Maybe try it at a later time might be bit faster then when less people on and in bed
The download speeds on the 360 are terrible it’s not your connection
Welcome to the 360, I still use mine occasionally and WiFi has always, and continues to be, poor.

No other device in my house suffers from slow speeds on WiFi, wired as always is better if possible.
My daughter has had the same with her PS4. Straight out of the box years ago, luckily it wasn't too hard to set up a wired connection, that worked high speed right away.
Ethernet is fast so it's not an Xbox speed restriction. Surely the WiFi card in the console can't be this bad?

Anyway I could speed it up?
Mellor24/03/2020 17:56

They announced before I think they slowing download speeds on ps and Xbox …They announced before I think they slowing download speeds on ps and Xbox as it’s seems to be getting hammered

Nope only Sony are throttling(Slowing down) their network, Xbox live is being run as normal.
Edited by: "shasnir" 25th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants