Found 23rd Nov 2008
well i have an vga cable to go into my monitor from my xbox also the sound which goes into another port. my monitor says there is no vga input but i get sound. can anyone help or has anyone had this problem before if so how did you solve it thanks and rep given

9 Comments

Obvious question, but did you buy the correct VGA Connector cable? There are various ones out there and if you have the wrong one, you won't get a signal. perhaps a picture to show how your connector are would help.

Thanks
Ann

is it the official microsoft vga cable? How old is the monitor?

Original Poster

the monitor is 2 months old and i bought a new xbox cable yesterday from game station. do you think it would be best to request a repair from microsoft ?

i would try it on another monitor first if you can or a hd tv that has a vga input.

Original Poster

ok will do thanks

check your monitor supports the resolution and freq that your xbox is outputting

i.e one of my teleys at home will not support my 1230x1024 screen rex but will support my 1024x768

Original Poster

yeah had it on the xbox for ages just stopped working last week

So you have had both the cable and the monitor working and now they're not? Sorry I was under the impression that this was a new cable. Perhaps you could give more details..

Sorry for not understanding, must be old age!!!

if it's alwaysbeen connected then it's a puzzle, you haven't had it on a different monitor or tv recently have you, you might have changed the HD settings from within the console's menu.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769360
    2. word association Game74244903
    3. Add one, leave one game54415426
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247607

See more discussions