Found 6th Jun 2010
Hi, i have a problem with the sound on my xbox 360 or tv, when i play the xbox the sound will cut out for 2-3 seconds and then come back again. My tv is Hannspree 32" and i have it connected via hdmi with a gold plated hdmi cable. xbox 360 elite i recently just bought from asda. Anyone else had this problem? Anyone got any tips what to do?

Cheers,Sean

19 Comments

unplug everything then plug it back in remove hard drive and re-attach as well. (with power off)

Then change hdmi.. then use an alternative method eg the hd advanced cable (component) or the standard def cable yellow composite/ red/white audio

Original Poster Banned

Hey will try this later on, the only other cable i have is the standard non hd one. Anyone had this problem before?

is it every game or ?

Lol at the gold plated hdmi cable.

Does the sound cut out on the TV if you are watching a programme or dvd?

Banned

I reckon it's the gold plate, you probably bought 9ct, you need 24ct plating.

Original Poster Banned

shauneco;8773602

Lol at the gold plated hdmi cable.

lumoruk;8773766

I reckon it's the gold plate, you probably bought 9ct, you need 24ct … I reckon it's the gold plate, you probably bought 9ct, you need 24ct plating.

Shows how much you know!

]http//ww…QL4

Original Poster Banned

dontasciime;8773464

is it every game or ?

Yeah its every game. Bit annoying on Cod lol

Painkiller;8773755

Does the sound cut out on the TV if you are watching a programme or dvd?

No it doesn't cut out whilst watching tv programmes, i've not tried a dvd yet!

seanbwfc;8774019

Shows how much you … Shows how much you know!]http://www.amazon.co.uk/LINX-HDMI-Cable-Premium-Plated/dp/B000H8TQL4

Actually theirs no real advantage between a standard hdmi cable and gold plated hdmi cable since it carries a digital signal.

The reality is you can't tell any difference, An hdmi cable is an hdmi cable only fools spend extra on gold plated hdmi cables.

They still claim their better yada yada but their not, Or if they are they don't warrant the extra premium.

£9.99 is relatively expensive for an hdmi cable, Max £5 in fact £1 shops seem to sell them now and have done for a while.

Try a different hdmi socket if the TV has one you but also get another hdmi cable to use try on existing hdmi sockets

Original Poster Banned

So if there was no difference why would companys make them? and sell them for more?

shauneco;8774187

Actually theirs no real advantage between a standard hdmi cable and gold … Actually theirs no real advantage between a standard hdmi cable and gold plated hdmi cable since it carries a digital signal. The reality is you can't tell any difference, An hdmi cable is an hdmi cable only fools spend extra on gold plated hdmi cables.They still claim their better yada yada but their not, Or if they are they don't warrant the extra premium. £9.99 is relatively expensive for an hdmi cable, Max £5 in fact £1 shops seem to sell them now and have done for a while.

seanbwfc;8774671

So if there was no difference why would companys make them? and sell them … So if there was no difference why would companys make them? and sell them for more?

For profit brah!

seanbwfc;8774671

So if there was no difference why would companys make them? and sell them … So if there was no difference why would companys make them? and sell them for more?

Because folk still believe they make a difference and assume because they cost more they are going to be better.

In this case little if no point paying the premium unless the hdmi cable happens to be about 300 meters long.

Original Poster Banned

DragonChris;8774701

For profit brah!

shauneco;8776463

Because folk still believe they make a difference and assume because they … Because folk still believe they make a difference and assume because they cost more they are going to be better.In this case little if no point paying the premium unless the hdmi cable happens to be about 300 meters long.

I doubt this, how would they be allowed to make this product and charge more if it was the same as a non gold plated?

Anyways, its still the same after takin all the cables out etc..

Have you tried it in a different hdmi port or changed the cable though? (you are never going to find out which is faulty without trying 3 things)

Or if you are using an hdmi switch take it off.

Change the 360 sound settings again put to stereo (again)

I had this before, i simply swapped cables (From xbox and freeview) and put them in different ports and worked

btw the gold plating is only supposed to improve contact betweeen ports/sockets. As long as the sending equipment sends 0101 and receiving acknowledges 0101 then the £ of cable is irrelevant eg a £1 can receive 0101 exactly the same as a £100 one.(*based on bandwidth and signaling requirements being the same)

I had the same problem, changed the Xbox, changed the cable, realised it was the tv/hdmi port. Switched back to component and carried on playing.

Original Poster Banned

I only have 1 hdmi port on my tv so im gonna use the normal tv cable you get and see if that works!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. THOMSON TUI 2 CRUISE PROBLEM - ANY HELP APPRECIATED11
    2. Xbox Newbie22
    3. Sainsbury’s 25% off clothing?11
    4. private number22

See more discussions