Groups

XBOX 360 USB charge

Wow, did anyone else know the USB ports on the xbox 360 slim charges devices without being on?

7 Comments

Banned

You're supposed to turn it off at the plug, the power brick still heats up when left on using about 15 watts of power.

Would be like leaving those block plug adapters on all the time, they still use quite a bit of energy. They heat up like a bitch.
    Edited by: "lumoruk" 6th Jan 2011

Original Poster

Ah, I see.

lumoruk

You're supposed to turn it off at the plug, the power brick still heats … You're supposed to turn it off at the plug, the power brick still heats up when left on using about 15 watts of power.

Banned

Civic EG6

Ah, I see.

If your mum still pays the bill you won't bother though of course

So do the old ones, not just the slim.

You mean when your xbox is on and its charging a usb device, then you turn the console off that the usb devices still charge?? if so then yes i did know as the console goes into a low power mode as you can till hear it slightly.. (or atleast my old version 360 does)

Same with chargeing a cotroller if your charging it when you turn the console off it will still continue charging

Original Poster

I did know, as I was a PS3 owner in the past. The back of the PS3 has an on/off switch, which the slim seems to lack.

if the xbox is still drawing power from the mains then yes it does

Crazy when you find something out that every man and his dog knows.....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Large card print/poster..22
      2. Ps4 slim how much should I charge 2nd hand.68
      3. Jury service1823
      4. Iphone 7 - What Case?616

See more discussions