Groups

xbox 360 warranty/repair

Banned
    can any of you kind people advise how long the warranty is on an xbox 360 console?
    also, how do i arrange a repair?
    fyi the fault code is e74
    Thanks in advance.

16 Comments

RRod is 3 years and 1 year for anything else . If its out of warranty i think some prople induce rrod so they can get a repair

3 years cover for e74 now also :thumbsup:

Thought E74 was included in the three year warantee now?

should be 3 years for e74.

if you still have your receipt then you can return it to where you bought it and get them to change it at any point within 6 years (as e74 along with the 3 red rings is a known design fault)

otherwise you have to go through xbox360 support:

]http//su…spx

Oh my bad . I just go by what i read on here .

I thought microsoft and xbox had a website for this sort of thing. I'll just google to see if its still there.

yep still there.

ants97;5677961

yep still there.

which is more than can be said for Terminator: TSCC

yeh definately E74 within 3 years as mine is sitting here waiting to be picked up

keeyop;5678081

which is more than can be said for Terminator: TSCC

Why where did it go?

ants97;5678155

Why where did it go?

Give it a year and you'll find it in the clearance offers.

keeyop;5678285

Give it a year and you'll find it in the clearance offers.

find what in which clearance offfers?

ants97;5678330

find what in which clearance offfers?

samantha who?

keeyop;5678751

samantha who?

Eureka!!!!!

Original Poster Banned

keeyop;5677850

should be 3 years for e74.if you still have your receipt then you can … should be 3 years for e74.if you still have your receipt then you can return it to where you bought it and get them to change it at any point within 6 years (as e74 along with the 3 red rings is a known design fault)otherwise you have to go through xbox360 support:]http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/contactus.aspx

thanks for advice guys, although return to retailer only valid within 1st year i was informed?

Sales Of Goods Act gives you 6 years if the product has an inherent fault at purchase, which it does, but be prepared to argue with the retailer, easiest way is through microsoft, however they will just refurb it

bulkomuff;5679201

thanks for advice guys, although return to retailer only valid within 1st … thanks for advice guys, although return to retailer only valid within 1st year i was informed?

1 year manufacturer warranty, up to 6 with the store via the sales of goods act. They always conveniently forget about this act thought.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does the app aznog still work?22
      2. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
      3. Virgin Media TV67
      4. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023

See more discussions