Groups
    EXPIRED

xBox 360 - When, where, who, how etc

The different versions of the 360 - can anyone explain the different models and their capabilities as far as Hi Def goes. It seems a bit muddy at the moment between the Premium (£250) and the Elite (£300). Also, is there any real need to have the 120Gb HDD.

Also, is there likely to be a run on them nearing Xmas pushing the prices up?

6 Comments

Only difference between them all now should be the HDD size.
    All should have the HDMI connection. (only elite comes with HDMI cable included (i think) premium comes with component and arcade with scart (not HD).

Arcade pack comes with a memory card
    Premium comes with a 20gb HDD
    Elite comes with a 120gb HDD

Only real need for a bigger HDD is for movies, at the minute we don't have the facility to download off Xbox Live (unlike US).

So best deals will depend on games you want.

Best to look at are:
    Game
    Gamestation
    HMV
    Blockbuster.

Hope this helps.

Not really if you have the console next or near to your PC because you can stream music and movies from your that

the only difference between them now is the HDD but the Premium's now come with better chips for a trouble free life (no 3 Ring of reds)

Go for the Premium mate :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Hmm. But if I go for a premium will I have to buy the HDMI cable separately at £30-ish to enjoy the wonder of hi-def?

no, you will be able to play in 1080i or 720p - its just the 1080p you will miss out on without HDMI. Gotta remember that your tv is not likely to support 1080p anyway...

Im Sure a HMDI cable comes in the box with the console, but i could be wrong

I will have a look around just to make sure

EDIT: Only the elite comes with a HDMI cable.

But the component cable works just as fine at 1080i :thumbsup:

Original Poster

geoneo123

Im Sure a HMDI cable comes in the box with the console, but i could be … Im Sure a HMDI cable comes in the box with the console, but i could be wrong I will have a look around just to make sureEDIT: Only the elite comes with a HDMI cable. But the component cable works just as fine at 1080i :thumbsup:

I know I'm supposed to know this **** but surely in order to get hi def piccy you need an HDMI cable? Or is there more than one way to get a hi def picture to the TV and if so, what sockets do I need to check for on the back of the television?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions