Found 24th Mar 2009
I am now 26 and said a few years back i was done with games machines but me and my girlfriend brought a wii between us it is fun but not the best games console have the taste now and i am interested in a xbox 360 for the great games eg halo i would use it on a hd ready tv as well as an old style one so hdmi connection would be nice i will not really use it much as a music player or dvd player and have sky plus for storing tv programs. So any suggestions as to which one i should go with eg arcade, elite etc as price differences is about £100. also any great package deals out there? is it best to wait till mid april?

17 Comments

Get the premium and you will get 60gb hdd and that is ample for playing your favourite games off it. It reduces disk loading times storing data on the hard drive but you can still play direct off the disk.

Original Poster

Soziberry;4730454

Get the premium and you will get 60gb hdd and that is ample for playing … Get the premium and you will get 60gb hdd and that is ample for playing your favourite games off it. It reduces disk loading times storing data on the hard drive but you can still play direct off the disk.

I was thinking that was the best bet thanks anybody else agree? and any body know any deals that stand out

well the one at asda for the elite with reisdent evil stands out a bit as it also has an extra controller which its about 60 quid for both items hotukdeals.com/ite…-5/

Original Poster

rocko5000;4730505

well the one at asda for the elite with reisdent evil stands out a bit as … well the one at asda for the elite with reisdent evil stands out a bit as it also has an extra controller which its about 60 quid for both items http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/364551/xbox-360-elite-with-resident-evil-5/

Yes i have seen that great offer but rang my local and they know nothing about it im not the sort of person to go in and get the 3 items scanned only to find it has not worked and then say no if it gets confirmed by some other people i will get it thanks for your help

Get an arcade, then a 120gb hdd from HMV for £30.

You deffo should get the 120gb if you can, I have all my games loaded on it and have run out of space. Started off with a 60gb and had to upgrade.

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;4730684

Get an arcade, then a 120gb hdd from HMV for £30.

do you have a link please does and HD for xbox have to be designed for the xbox or will any do? Also will the arcade connect using a HDMI lead to a tv?

Sloth/Mod

chris3349;4731069

do you have a link please does and HD for xbox have to be designed for … do you have a link please does and HD for xbox have to be designed for the xbox or will any do? Also will the arcade connect using a HDMI lead to a tv?

Yes, the drives are specific for the 360. And the new Arcades all have HDMI

If you can then try and get a Jasper chipset as there is less risk of RROD

I wouldn't consider anything other than the Elite myself, it just looks so much better in black. But that's purely an aesthetic thing :thumbsup:

Get a premium - Best value unless you need 120Gig for storing more than games, and like black more than white.

Original Poster

does the premium have hdmi lead or connection

They all have hdmi ports now, but only the elite comes with a hdmi cable and audio block (for using a seperate speaker system).

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;4740376

They all have hdmi ports now, but only the elite comes with a hdmi cable … They all have hdmi ports now, but only the elite comes with a hdmi cable and audio block (for using a seperate speaker system).

Thanks for the info but whats an audio block as i have a 5.1 system an i buy one of these for the premium system will i need it to use my 5.1 system

chris3349;4740777

Thanks for the info but whats an audio block as i have a 5.1 system an i … Thanks for the info but whats an audio block as i have a 5.1 system an i buy one of these for the premium system will i need it to use my 5.1 system

Depends on what connections you have on it, I would assume optical in which case yes you will need it.

Original Poster

megalomaniac;4740935

Depends on what connections you have on it, I would assume optical in … Depends on what connections you have on it, I would assume optical in which case yes you will need it.

Yes optical but if i get a premium can i buy one of these blocks for it

Soziberry;4730454

Get the premium and you will get 60gb hdd and that is ample for playing … Get the premium and you will get 60gb hdd and that is ample for playing your favourite games off it. It reduces disk loading times storing data on the hard drive but you can still play direct off the disk.

Do not install Halo3 to hard drive though or any game that already caches lots of data to the hard drive.

chris3349;4748167

Yes optical but if i get a premium can i buy one of these blocks for it

The blocks are quite dear for what you get or search google on making your own but easier to just buy an Elite
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3285
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226646
    3. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4176
    4. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251

See more discussions