Groups

xbox 360 wireless bridge query

does anyone know if theres a cheaper alternative to getting the £55 official one??

thanks

7 Comments

Banned

There are a fair few ways of doing it I believe

I did it by 360>Ethernet Cable>PC
    Creat Bridge between the 2

Then PC is wireless..... works for me

Ethernet Cable - Supplied with 360
    Ethernet Adapter for PC - £3.75

SO TOTAL COST - £3.75

You can use these plugs that send your broadband connection through the electricity sockets across your house, see if you can pick up a deal on them, might work out a bit cheaper. Ok its not wireless but it beats running a really long Ethernet cable through your house.

It should work with any network bridge - I know it definitely worked with my Netgear WGE111. You should be able to get a wireless bridge cheap on ebay, etc.

MinstrelMan;1959382

You can use these plugs that send your broadband connection through the … You can use these plugs that send your broadband connection through the electricity sockets across your house, see if you can pick up a deal on them, might work out a bit cheaper. Ok its not wireless but it beats running a really long Ethernet cable through your house.

I use these, Comtrend Powerline adaptors (got them free with Bt Vision kit). Think they are about £50 to buy.

quick search on here & found these which are similar
    hotukdeals.com/ite…tw/

J9STL;1959438

I use these, Comtrend Powerline adaptors (got them free with Bt Vision … I use these, Comtrend Powerline adaptors (got them free with Bt Vision kit). Think they are about £50 to buy.

Still a saving of £5. I used them for a short while my laptops internal wireless thingy-ma-jig broke, worked fine - although wasnt sure if it could handle streaming online gaming.

Good thing is though, its £50 for the pair but then you can buy additional single plugs should you wish to add something else in future.

I managed to get hold of one of these when the deal was on:

]http//ww…ir/

If you can ge it these work great and are really cheap compared to the Microsoft one.

Or you could run DD-WRT on a cheap WAP - I use a Belkin f5d7130 but there are lots of cheap access points around that will do the job...

*********.co.uk/Bel…tem

dd-wrt.com/wik…ces

I have a WRT54GL and 2 x Belkin 7130 running DD-WRT (one as an access point and one as a wireless bridge) and a WGE111 which I spent a fortune on and now it sits in a box waiting for me to eBay it! It's all rock solid - uptime is about 3 months now
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does the app aznog still work?22
      2. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
      3. Virgin Media TV67
      4. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023

See more discussions