Groups

Xbox 360 wont start up?

Hi, my Xbox wont start up, the little green standby button lights up as normal but nothing comes up on the telly and the controller wont connect to it.
    I can still open and close the door on it and i dont have red ring of death.

Any ideas?

14 Comments

unplug everything and plug it all in, should work fine

What comes up on the screen, is it connected properly?

Original Poster

nothing at all.

Ive tried unplugging it and switching it on and off a million times, it just wont boot up

have you flicked the tv/hdtv switch by mistake?

makershaker;5302957

nothing at all.Ive tried unplugging it and switching it on and off a … nothing at all.Ive tried unplugging it and switching it on and off a million times, it just wont boot up

is it connected via hdmi?

unless my tv is actually on the hdmi setting then my xbox wont come on, ie if i'm watching tv and turn the xbox on unless I switch to the hdmi station then the xbox won't boot up.

Original Poster

Starr;5302977

have you flicked the tv/hdtv switch by mistake?

where is that?

I have it plugged into an LCD with an HDMI cable

makershaker;5302994

where is that?I have it plugged into an LCD with an HDMI cable

if your via hdmi it wont matter

Original Poster

Thanks guys i got it sorted, the HDMI cable had very slightly came loose at the back of the TV!

Strange how that stopped it from booting up?

find out which HDM socket you have it plugged into, then manually switch to it on your TV remoye then turn your xbox on

OH makershaker, xbox no working, maybe tomorrow Walters plans won't work hopefully lol

lol glad you sorted

Honestly i wonder how many problems can be sorted by just making sure everything is plugged in right lol

Original Poster

skullcreature;5303072

OH makershaker, xbox no working, maybe tomorrow Walters plans won't work … OH makershaker, xbox no working, maybe tomorrow Walters plans won't work hopefully lol

Big Wattie will have the last laugh tomorrow , wee Strachs will be hiding under his pillow tomorrow night

LMAO good luck bud, let the best team win

congradulations bud, ****in gutted lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gear best shipping?44
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      3. Virgin Media TV56
      4. Tooth extraction99

See more discussions