Groups

Xbox came back unrepaired.

Just got my xbox back to say it has been tampered with , when it wasn't!

What do i do?

36 Comments

tampered with how? chipped?
    have you rang microsoft?

Did you buy it second hand?

Original Poster

lfc_engravedonheart;5533989

tampered with how? chipped?have you rang microsoft?

'thank you for returning your Xbox console to us for investigation. An inspection of your console has been revealed that tampering or attempted tampering of the console has occured'

I can't understand why, theres a few scratches , n the warrenty still seals it , but they took it off , and put it on again.

spobby;5534015

'thank you for returning your Xbox console to us for investigation. An … 'thank you for returning your Xbox console to us for investigation. An inspection of your console has been revealed that tampering or attempted tampering of the console has occured'I can't understand why, theres a few scratches , n the warrenty still seals it , but they took it off , and put it on again.

what did you send it off for? is there a number on there to ring?

spobby;5534015

'thank you for returning your Xbox console to us for investigation. An … 'thank you for returning your Xbox console to us for investigation. An inspection of your console has been revealed that tampering or attempted tampering of the console has occured'I can't understand why, theres a few scratches , n the warrenty still seals it , but they took it off , and put it on again.

Did you buy it 2nd hand?

Original Poster

lfc_engravedonheart;5534028

what did you send it off for? is there a number on there to ring?

It had RROD .

Chidda;5534030

Did you buy it 2nd hand?

Yes, but i bought it 5 months ago and it was working fine till last week,

Pretty sure you will have got it 2nd hand, and was modded by previous owner.

Just be glad they sent it back to you. They could have kept it.

Original Poster

Babbabooey;5534044

Pretty sure you will have got it 2nd hand, and was modded by previous … Pretty sure you will have got it 2nd hand, and was modded by previous owner.Just be glad they sent it back to you. They could have kept it.

Wasn't modded no.

Do they sometimes keep them?

what should i do?

:thumbsup: i just happen to know a guy who fixes them when they go wrong..here in liverpool

Original Poster

Mr Weasle;5534079

:thumbsup: i just happen to know a guy who fixes them when they go … :thumbsup: i just happen to know a guy who fixes them when they go wrong..here in liverpool

How much thou?

Banned

Yes, they could have kept it, but isn't that called "theft"?

Mind you.
    If you keep on posting with one word headdings you deserve to have it AND your pc stolen!

Mr Weasle;5534079

:thumbsup: i just happen to know a guy who fixes them when they go … :thumbsup: i just happen to know a guy who fixes them when they go wrong..here in liverpool

:lol: doesn't everyone from liverpool ;-)

spobby;5534075

Wasn't modded no.Do they sometimes keep them?what should i do?

They probably put it back to 'stock' when they sold it to you.

lfc_engravedonheart;5534105

:lol: doesn't everyone from liverpool ;-)

:thumbsup: yep lynds you should know

Original Poster

This is so annoying, so what should i do , xclamp fix?

spobby;5534088

How much thou?

:thinking: he normally charges around £45 and has it sorted within 2hrs...my advice would be to go to a well est dealer on a local market near you and take it from there ..good luck

Nothing you can do other than find someone else to fix it for you.
    Not meant to take them apart as invalidates any warranty,nevermind if it's been altered in anyway,same goes with a lot of other items that have been opened up etc.

I had mine done from ]here a few weeks back. £50. 6 month warranty.

Original Poster

Mr Weasle;5534161

:thinking: he normally charges around £45 and has it sorted within … :thinking: he normally charges around £45 and has it sorted within 2hrs...my advice would be to go to a well est dealer on a local market near you and take it from there ..good luck

hmm , i might just try and get an arcade cheap , and sell the stuff with that, hmm,

Original Poster

Babbabooey;5534166

I had mine done from ]here a few weeks back. £50. 6 month warranty.

50 quid damn!

spobby;5534173

50 quid damn!

Yeah, but it's cheaper than getting a new console (just!), and then having to re-mod etc...

Original Poster

Babbabooey;5534184

Yeah, but it's cheaper than getting a new console (just!), and then … Yeah, but it's cheaper than getting a new console (just!), and then having to re-mod etc...

I haven't modded my console thou!.

Original Poster

Is the x clamp fix easy?

Banned

spobby;5534189

I haven't modded my console thou!.

So you keep saying.

Microsoft are saying its been tampered with and now you say its a second hand console.

Pretty straight forward case of buyer beware.

You might be truthful regarding you not doing anything, but its pretty obvious your seller did.

Original Poster

Ok , well , is the xclamp fix easy to acheive?

Just buy a console only for about about 50-60 quid and use all your stuff from the old one . try getting a falcon less chance of dying.

X clamp fix isn't too hard to do yourself, if you feel comfortable cracking open your x-box then buy a kit for a few quid and give it a go, just make sure you're totally prepared before you start and take lots of digital pictures as you go so you can remember how to put it back together afterwards.

buy another 2 or three and overheat them break them and take em back to shop for refund before 30 days

Original Poster

bruffterman;5534541

X clamp fix isn't too hard to do yourself, if you feel comfortable … X clamp fix isn't too hard to do yourself, if you feel comfortable cracking open your x-box then buy a kit for a few quid and give it a go, just make sure you're totally prepared before you start and take lots of digital pictures as you go so you can remember how to put it back together afterwards.

Well i don't have much to loose now tbh.

Banned

This has happened to me twice,
    and another time it came back worse than when I sent it.

Original Poster

Conscept;5534757

This has happened to me twice,and another time it came back worse than … This has happened to me twice,and another time it came back worse than when I sent it.

Its annoying but nevermind

Banned

spobby;5534766

Its annoying but nevermind

Ring them up and demand a new one, didn't work for me but I did get 3 months xbox live haha

dontasciime;5534600

buy another 2 or three and overheat them break them and take em back to … buy another 2 or three and overheat them break them and take em back to shop for refund before 30 days

Why?

Do the xclamp yourself. If it works, brilliant. If it doesn't, buy a new xbox. Not worth spending 50 quid on a fix that is temporary at best.

The X clamp fix doesnt always work. Depends how bad it is, plus it is sometimes not a permnament solution. Id just buy another one and sell as spares

Shengis;5535015

Why?

lol.

You know to get even, vent some anger at them returning his in warranty console (well in his eyes as he saw it)

Nr
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Amazon prime subscribe & save48
      2. Iphone 7 - What Case?510
      3. Delayed flight compensation1023
      4. What to do?????711

See more discussions