Xbox cloud Gaming

Posted 6th Aug 2020
Not a deal but a heads up Xbox are launching cloud gaming in Sept. For those with game pass ultimate subscription you'll be able to play games on your Android mobile or tablet device.

Lucky I didn't buy that Nintendo Switch
Community Updates
19 Comments
What the
Only if you are an ultimate subscriber
Farewell to Stadia!
I have Xcloud, Nvidia Geforce Now, and Stadia.

GFN is the best. It lets you play steam games without a PC.
Atom_Juice07/08/2020 00:07

I have Xcloud, Nvidia Geforce Now, and Stadia.GFN is the best. It lets you …I have Xcloud, Nvidia Geforce Now, and Stadia.GFN is the best. It lets you play steam games without a PC.

Does it work on Chromebooks?
A Switch Lite over xCloud any day.

I do like xCloud but having a dedicated device is much better and the streaming really demands a high quality internet connection.
You also have to cart around a controller too, I've been using an 8bitdo one and it's been okay but not as good as having a dedicated gaming device.

A hacked PS Vita though, is probably the best.
cannywin07/08/2020 11:02

Sorry I'm not really familiar with those but it works on android devices.
cannywin07/08/2020 11:02

It's hit and miss on my Lenovo Duet.

I tried sideloading the app on our Philips Android TV and it clearly doesn't have enough grunt to run the streaming side, even though most of the computational power is at Microsoft's end.

My Chromebook plays OK but it's a laggy experience. That said, I've been trying to use XBOX Game Streaming to my home PC for years, the whole house is wired with Cat 6 and it's never been great, occasional stutters and lags.
Edited by: "Bossworld" 7th Aug
spruceyb07/08/2020 13:03

A Switch Lite over xCloud any day.I do like xCloud but having a dedicated …A Switch Lite over xCloud any day.I do like xCloud but having a dedicated device is much better and the streaming really demands a high quality internet connection.You also have to cart around a controller too, I've been using an 8bitdo one and it's been okay but not as good as having a dedicated gaming device.A hacked PS Vita though, is probably the best.

I have these:
Switch
Vita with remote play grip (L3 R3)
Ps4 pro
Xbox one X
New Dualshock on new ipad
New Xbox controller on android or pc
Stadia
Xcloud
GFN
Gamesir mobile controllers
Xbox and ps4 mobile clip adapters

And I think GFN on an S8 or S9 with a razer kishi is the best option if you have good internet.

Otherwise switch yeah.
Atom_Juice07/08/2020 13:37

I have these:SwitchVita with remote play grip (L3 R3)Ps4 proXbox one XNew …I have these:SwitchVita with remote play grip (L3 R3)Ps4 proXbox one XNew Dualshock on new ipadNew Xbox controller on android or pcStadiaXcloudGFNGamesir mobile controllersXbox and ps4 mobile clip adaptersAnd I think GFN on an S8 or S9 with a razer kishi is the best option if you have good internet. Otherwise switch yeah.

I don't have enough Steam games that work with Geforce Now for it to be good for me, and the ones I do have aren't the type I'd want to just pick up and play on a mobile device.
GFN is good though, especially as it's free too.

Think Vita is my fave because with a 128GB card in it I've got almost every type of game you could want, plus a load of Emu and ROMS and it fits in my pocket and won't waste any phone battery.
Do I really want to play Xbox games on 6” screen? Not really..
Bargainhead07/08/2020 21:19

Do I really want to play Xbox games on 6” screen? Not really..

My phone has higher res than my TV.

Portable not for everyone sure.
Atom_Juice07/08/2020 22:45

My phone has higher res than my TV.Portable not for everyone sure.

each to their own, but I’d rather game on a good sized tv than a 6-7” screen. Doing a head shot on a 75” screen sat 5ft away is awesome all you see is the game.
Bargainhead07/08/2020 22:54

each to their own, but I’d rather game on a good sized tv than a 6-7” scr …each to their own, but I’d rather game on a good sized tv than a 6-7” screen. Doing a head shot on a 75” screen sat 5ft away is awesome all you see is the game.

Unfortunately I foolishly chose to marry a sadist technophobe.

Hence the need for portables.
Atom_Juice08/08/2020 16:32

Unfortunately I foolishly chose to marry a sadist technophobe.Hence the …Unfortunately I foolishly chose to marry a sadist technophobe.Hence the need for portables.

I must admit i’m Lucky she lets me buy what I want, that way I don’t sit through her soaps commenting and annoying her...
Using the beta app which has limited cloud games but isn't the full app out today?
RG10115/09/2020 16:00

Using the beta app which has limited cloud games but isn't the full app …Using the beta app which has limited cloud games but isn't the full app out today?

Update your game pass app, should be able to see cloud as an option
Post a comment
@
    Text