Xbox Controller (Black), Sticky "A" Button?

Found 14th Feb 2011
any advise guys - I have a sticky "A" button. Its been played with a lot of the past few days and the "A" button seems to be sticking?

any ideas how to "unstick" lol

TIA
Disco

12 Comments

That will teach you for playing xbox right after...

Open it and give it a clean.

Compressed air?

Xbox controllers are for playing games not with yourself.

Proably a bit of sweat or something. Best to dismantle the controller and clean under the buttons.

Google a dismantling guide, I believe you will need a torx screwdriver and give it a good clean, you probably have bits of dead skin from hand sweat, controllers get grubby easily. Perhaps consider a silicon cover for it in future.

Banned

Adam2050

Open it and give it a clean.

You would think that would be obvious, but not to the OP for some reason.

Original Poster

well, i thought of that, but wondered if that was a easier option

must have been some game!

hope its easier than opening ps3 controller i did mine to try and change battery and bits fell out couldnt get it back together and ended up selling on ebay as faulty:(

lumoruk

You would think that would be obvious, but not to the OP for some reason.

Original Poster

ordered Torx S/driver from Amazon.. hope it comes tomorrow.

Banned

kareandy

hope its easier than opening ps3 controller i did mine to try and change … hope its easier than opening ps3 controller i did mine to try and change battery and bits fell out couldnt get it back together and ended up selling on ebay as faulty:(

ha ha, there is always that but the way I look at it, if they put it together okay in the factory then anyone can do it. I just keep trying till all the pieces fit.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?46
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226666
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35119
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247678

See more discussions