Xbox Controllers for PC

Posted 30th Nov
When buying a couple of controllers for a PC, do I need to make sure one comes with a Bluetooth dongle? And then the other can be a standard one but should connect fine to the dongle from the first one? This is to use them both wirelessly of course.
Cheers
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
One Bluetooth dongle will be fine. Any Bluetooth dongle in fact. Although you will only be able to use one at a time
Edited by: "stubbadub" 30th Nov
I believe the official dongle can support up to 8 controllers. Probably worth going for the official one if you intend to have more than one controller ever connected.
Edited by: "Woozie64" 30th Nov
stubbadub30/11/2019 09:05

One Bluetooth dongle will be fine. Any Bluetooth dongle in fact. Although …One Bluetooth dongle will be fine. Any Bluetooth dongle in fact. Although you will only be able to use one at a time

Use one dongle or one controller? It’s for playing 2 player games.
Danze198430/11/2019 09:15

I could be wrong but I'm sure my other half played with a micro usb cable. I know it's not convenient as Bluetooth but it might help you
I think you're right as i use my xbox one controller on my raspberry pi with micro usb.
Danze198430/11/2019 09:15

If you use an off the shelf bluetooth adapter then you will have problems connecting 2 controllers. The "Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" can allow up to 8 devices connected.
stubbadub30/11/2019 10:33

If you use an off the shelf bluetooth adapter then you will have problems …If you use an off the shelf bluetooth adapter then you will have problems connecting 2 controllers. The "Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" can allow up to 8 devices connected.

So I’m looking at getting one controller with an adapter, and one on its own. Is there any difference between the controller that comes with a cable for windows and one that’s just wireless? Wondering why the one with a cable is cheaper. Can that not connect to the dongle?
Danze198430/11/2019 16:38

So I’m looking at getting one controller with an adapter, and one on its o …So I’m looking at getting one controller with an adapter, and one on its own. Is there any difference between the controller that comes with a cable for windows and one that’s just wireless? Wondering why the one with a cable is cheaper. Can that not connect to the dongle?

If you get the xbox wireless adapter for windows 10, you can just use any normal xbox one controllers.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants