Xbox Disk read Error on new disk ?

Banned 10
Found 1st May 2010
Was playing fifa 2010 world cup today, which only arrived in the post today. Got a disk read error, all I did with the disk was take it out the box, put it in a cd case, put it in the xbox and play it. Why the error ?

10 Comments

Banned

bad disk? it does happen unfortunately.

they dont test them during production, they come off the line in a fraction of a second.

Original Poster Banned

jubbyme;8504799

bad disk? it does happen unfortunately.they dont test them during … bad disk? it does happen unfortunately.they dont test them during production, they come off the line in a fraction of a second.

It was actually a burnt disk, that I planned to use on my offline console. Have had this with a couple of not to badly scratched games before wavered it as it's because they're scratched how ever slight it may be. Maybe its the disk, wanted to see if anyone knew if this could be a hardware failure

jubbyme;8504799

bad disk? it does happen unfortunately.they dont test them during … bad disk? it does happen unfortunately.they dont test them during production, they come off the line in a fraction of a second.

i agree its really annoying

Alternatively, your XBox might be starting to play up.

the first version of the LT firmware had some media compatibility issues, the point update fixed it, so if you're on that, it might be the problem. tho your offline box might as well be on ix1.4 but discs do sometimes just not write very well, try running a pi/po/jitter test on the burned disc.

Banned

if it's a burnt disc, can you use a PC and copy it again to a fresh disc?

Can you not install to hd on offline console

Original Poster Banned

jubbyme;8504988

if it's a burnt disc, can you use a PC and copy it again to a fresh disc?

Not actually sure what LT it is. I don't have the skill / time to do it myself, got a guy to do it for me. I'll ask him what version it is

bruffterman;8504972

the first version of the LT firmware had some media compatibility issues, … the first version of the LT firmware had some media compatibility issues, the point update fixed it, so if you're on that, it might be the problem. tho your offline box might as well be on ix1.4 but discs do sometimes just not write very well, try running a pi/po/jitter test on the burned disc.

Again I don't make the disks my self, could do but then i'd have to buy some disk for £12+ which is 4 games or so. It's not a major issue and hasnt happened since, just hope the laser isn't on the way out

Original Poster Banned

dontasciime;8505061

Can you not install to hd on offline console

Done that with 3 - 4 games now, to either make it load faster or to stop errors, so not much space left. I do have a 120GB hardrive somewhere, might dig around for that later. I do use it online occasionally, to update games and the system...

Original Poster Banned

dcx_badass;8505113

Buy them or stop moaning.Try your legit copy.

Usefull response as usual. It's been fine since an hour or so, and even if I try a legit copy there is no way of telling whether it's fine. It's happened to legit disk's with shallow (ish) scratches
Post a comment
@
    Text