Found 17th May 2007
I take it this thread was removed then?

Was it a fraudulent site like I said?

There was a few folk in that thread who tried to go ahead and buy it, i hope you havent just had £200 emptied from your wallet

10 Comments

Toybhoy

I take it this thread was removed then?Was it a fraudulent site like I … I take it this thread was removed then?Was it a fraudulent site like I said? There was a few folk in that thread who tried to go ahead and buy it, i hope you havent just had £200 emptied from your wallet

May be try giving him a call / email if you did:

Admin Email.......... [EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]
Admin Phone.......... +44.07947345131

(if they are valid that is)

What was the site?

Was it a scam then?

Bry

Site looks ok to me? Paypal verified, wouldnt people be safe going through paypal?

Bryan

Bryan839

Site looks ok to me? Paypal verified, wouldnt people be safe going … Site looks ok to me? Paypal verified, wouldnt people be safe going through paypal?Bryan

yep, mods obviously didn't like the look of it though

As I said in the other thread I cannot see a great deal wrong with their site..ok they may not be one of the bigger companies but I find it hard to beleive anyone accepting those payment methods, having online help and producing a newsletter is scamming.

I think one person had some queries and then it was a free for all

Original Poster

greg_68

As I said in the other thread I cannot see a great deal wrong with their … As I said in the other thread I cannot see a great deal wrong with their site..ok they may not be one of the bigger companies but I find it hard to beleive anyone accepting those payment methods, having online help and producing a newsletter is scamming.I think one person had some queries and then it was a free for all

There are loads of fake sites like that.

They put those type of info to give an impression that they can be trusted.

Original Poster

I think its called Social Engineering in a IT Security term.

Original Poster

Bryan839

Site looks ok to me? Paypal verified, wouldnt people be safe going … Site looks ok to me? Paypal verified, wouldnt people be safe going through paypal?Bryan

Its not hard to make my site look "paypal verified". All i had to do was type paypal verified into google image and insert that into my webpage.

Everything about that site seemed dodgy. Definately. I dont want anyone to lose money to the scammers.

Whats that phrase about if something seems too good................

..............its too good to be true.

I guess your right, anyone could build a website like that, well maybe not me lol. Avoid everyone.

Bryan
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226646
    2. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4176
    3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251
    4. word association Game74244916

See more discussions