Xbox for minecraft addicted 7yr old

Found 3rd Nov 2017
Looking advice on what to buy for wee 7yr old son for minecraft mostly . Am totally clueless about PlayStations / Xbox / gaming pc but someone recommended xbox one. Is there only one type and do I buy minecraft separate? Thanks for any help
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
U can get a combo deal for about 200 or less. Id ask him what all his friends have eigher xbox1 or ps4
PS3 would be the cheapest and safest way I'd expect. No monthly online subscription and you can only play Minecraft online friends..
This is a great way for a younger person to get into consoles and gaming and won't break the bank. Both XBOX and PS4 require a monthly subscription to enable online play.
This has always been free on the PS3.
The world's created can also be ported to the PS4 should at a later stage you move up to a PS4.
Edited by: "Dawsy" 3rd Nov 2017
If he's addicted surely he's already playing it on something? What's wrong with the current system?
Would need more information.

Does he currently own a console? Which one if he does?

Minecraft on any platform outside the pc is basically the same game.

Pc has mods available, as well as Xbox one, but the pc is user built while I believe the Xbox one has Microsoft built mods (not as great).

I wouldn't get a pc for a child as it's not straight forward to use over a console.

Xbox one's can be had for cheap if you go second hand. They are coming down fast to the £100-130 mark.

But if he is just a child and only wants it for Minecraft you can get a cheaper PS3, or Xbox 360 and get the game there (online mode is free on the PS3 as stated above).
I bet he would want the special Minecraft edition Xbox. Show him a video of it on YouTube and watch his reaction to be sure.
Thanks all , he currently playing on an iPad but I sorta thought he was missing out on something not using the consoles? His cousin uses a pc.
Thanks for replies , cheapest option to introduce him to console sounds like perfect way to go .
Xbox one s would be the best bet with black Friday or even a ps3 as someone said above as it's free online.
mastablasta1 h, 14 m ago

I bet he would want the special Minecraft edition Xbox. Show him a video …I bet he would want the special Minecraft edition Xbox. Show him a video of it on YouTube and watch his reaction to be sure.

32365299-pifY3.jpgLooks cool
As a parent with a Xbox addicted son you will soon find out once you buy him an Xbox he will disappear for hours and hours, detach himself from his family (will get worse as he gets older), not want to do homework,and will not want to play anything else.
on the plus side you will save a fortune on Lego!...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants