Xbox game bought from Microsoft

Found 28th Oct 2017
Ok, bear with me, I don’t play on the Xbox.
My son bought the Xbox One game “Fortnite” from Microsoft for £30 this week. When I asked him tonight why he wasn’t playing his new game he tells me he would have to wait in a queue for nearly 7 hours.
can someone tell me what he has actually bought?
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
The servers are down and it’s cauing this issue with the queue. They will fix it soon!!
Dannyrobbo14 m ago

The servers are down and it’s cauing this issue with the queue. They will …The servers are down and it’s cauing this issue with the queue. They will fix it soon!!

Cheers, thanks, don’t know why or if they could put up a message
Fortnite is what's known as an early access game. The idea is that developers allow keen fans to buy in and play while the game is still in development. Fans get a lower price and help shape the direction of the game, developers spread their sales over a larger period of time so their income is more predictable and get a larger number of general testers.

Early access games are expected to have bugs and other wierdness, especially early on, as the primary focus is on making the game rather than polishing every release.
it costs money? it was free on ps4 lol:S
Edited by: "Creatish" 28th Oct 2017
Battle Royale mode is the only part of Fortnite that is free to play - The main game you have to buy.
.Yoshi.29th Oct 2017

Battle Royale mode is the only part of Fortnite that is free to play - The …Battle Royale mode is the only part of Fortnite that is free to play - The main game you have to buy.

At £30 I presumed he had bought the game....
Sambat48 m ago

At £30 I presumed he had bought the game....

He most likely had bought the full game. Battle royal mode is a free download if you own the base game (£30).

It's a free to play game but that won't be till next year. So either pay now to pay it early or wait.
kos1c11 h, 34 m ago

He most likely had bought the full game. Battle royal mode is a free …He most likely had bought the full game. Battle royal mode is a free download if you own the base game (£30). It's a free to play game but that won't be till next year. So either pay now to pay it early or wait.

Sorry,I am not understanding, he has paid £30, so should have the the base game. Or, has he made a mistake in paying for it?
thanks
If he's only interested in playing the Battle Royale mode then £30 was needlessly spent. BR mode is free. (On PS4 it is anyway, I presume same applies to the Xbox One version)
Edited by: "bynouk" 29th Oct 2017
Sambat11 h, 30 m ago

Sorry,I am not understanding, he has paid £30, so should have the the base …Sorry,I am not understanding, he has paid £30, so should have the the base game. Or, has he made a mistake in paying for it?thanks

microsoft.com/en-…9ws

Base game 29.99.
So I would say yes he bought the base game going by the evidence provided.
Thanks everyone for their help.
He has bought the base game but doesn’t seem able to play it after one day!
My 12 year old is now getting the idea of what the meaning of getting ripped off is..
Sambat1 h, 40 m ago

My 12 year old is now getting the idea of what the meaning of getting …My 12 year old is now getting the idea of what the meaning of getting ripped off is..

That's not fair. The occasional day or two's downtime is perfectly normal and acceptable behaviour for an game in early access.

It's more of a case of making sure you understand what you're buying.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions